Page 1 of 2
i dont understand how the **** you can be expected to WRITE and MEMORIZE a whole 3 page god damn essay in SPANISH. and this is level 2 spanish....not AP or even ****in honors....its a regular class meaning we just do the bare minimum to scrape by highschool.
not even my AP english class expects us to memorize 3 page essays! WITHOUT flashcards AND get videotaped! this is ****in insane and right now i cant think of anything id rather do then to shoot my teacher in the head.
its totally unreasonable for her to expect this of us

/ranting

but yea actually what im trying to say is does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through this without commiting suicide first? im presenting this first thing tomorrow
as an actor and someone who took two different languages in high school i will tell you, that is not unreasonable, in fact it sounds easy as hell.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
a month ago. which is when i started.
its not a procrastination or lazyness issue at all.
i mean we had to research AND write it AND translate it AND find five ways to present it [she calles them visuals but shes a dumbass]

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
as an actor and someone who took two different languages in high school i will tell you, that is not unreasonable, in fact it sounds easy as hell.

then help me
Just don't do it, smoke a blunt, relax, and tell your teacher to suck your cawk.
mmmk.
Quote by sithian476
Just don't do it, smoke a blunt, relax, and tell your teacher to suck your cawk.

I'm sure that would go over wonderfully.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by ckellingc
quit bitchin and do what the teacher says. life aint fair little kid

but you see bitching about it is what i do best.
3 pages! THREE PAGES, HOLY SHIT SCHNITZEL!!! How unfair.

Sure beats the 154 pages I had to study for the exam that'll start in about 3 hours...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
3 pages! THREE PAGES, HOLY SHIT SCHNITZEL!!! How unfair.

Sure beats the 154 pages I had to study for the exam that'll start in about 3 hours...

Sounds like a personal problem...
mmmk.
Within a month, you could have done all that at home and if it's hard for you, then you probably haven't practice speaking spanish at all. Not that I blamed you.

Maybe you should drop the class.
its kinda hard to play guitar without memorizing things once in a while, do you complain bout that??

i cant play this song its too long
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
did you ever think that it might benefit you? writing a 3 page essay and memorizing it will definitely help you in learning Spanish.
to memorize facts is one thing.

to memorize it as a speech is another. and considering i dont know much spanish past 'hola' its all just random sounds to memorize
Rofl, entire 3 pages. Horrible. No wonder american kids are retarded.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by carol.

then help me

heres a peice of advice, take everything a paragraph at a time, translation, memorization, everything. and as for memorization, its easist to memorize monologues as an internal dialog. Other than that, its all you man.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

1. Not everybody is an actor, and not everybody is good at memorizing things.
2. Not everybody really has a talent for languages, it was really hard for me to take Spanish in high school.
3. Memorizing 3 pages of text is a lot different than memorizing 3 pages of a script.

Anyways- while I feel that it is a rather intense assignment, it is do-able. It'll be hard, but possible.
Quote by carol.
to memorize facts is one thing.

to memorize it as a speech is another. and considering i dont know much spanish past 'hola' its all just random sounds to memorize

And whose fault is it that you still haven't learned a damn thing in your class?

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

when you made this thread,what did you honestly expect us to say that would help you?all you can do is memorize the assignment.just break it down into small sections and memorize just a couple sentances at time really slowly and repeat it a couple times and then memorize a few more sentances and then keep repeating it...well that's how i memorize stuff anyway...i hope that helped.
Quote by ar73m
And whose fault is it that you still haven't learned a damn thing in your class?

considering the fact that our lessons still consists of learning how to say toothbrush in spanish, i'd say its the teachers falut.
i mean one day she goes ok this is how you say good afternoon!
and the next she says write a freakin essay and memorize it.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
1. Not everybody is an actor, and not everybody is good at memorizing things.
2. Not everybody really has a talent for languages, it was really hard for me to take Spanish in high school.
3. Memorizing 3 pages of text is a lot different than memorizing 3 pages of a script.

Anyways- while I feel that it is a rather intense assignment, it is do-able. It'll be hard, but possible.

rote memorization isnt that difficult if you now how to do t unless you have some kind of memory impairment, if he did he would probably be able to get out of doing this.
2. thats true, however if you have a dictionary to help with translation and all you really have to do is memorize then it shouldnt matter too much.
3. no, but never in my life have i only had to memorize only three pages of script i have however had to memorize 6 page monologues which isnt hard once you know how to do it.

Last.fm
i guess you're not sleeping tonight then? if it's first thing tm? good luck, hombre, which either means friend or umbrella.
Quote by sexybeast101
when you made this thread,what did you honestly expect us to say that would help you?all you can do is memorize the assignment.just break it down into small sections and memorize just a couple sentances at time really slowly and repeat it a couple times and then memorize a few more sentances and then keep repeating it...well that's how i memorize stuff anyway...i hope that helped.

of course not. ive been on ug long enough to know that. but i also happen to know that by doing this it gets it off my chest....so theres less of a chance i end up cussing my teacher out on tape tomorrow.
Quote by carol.
considering the fact that our lessons still consists of learning how to say toothbrush in spanish, i'd say its the teachers falut.
i mean one day she goes ok this is how you say good afternoon!
and the next she says write a freakin essay and memorize it.

I'm pretty sure you're making this crap up, or at least exaggerating by 1000%. And if your teacher is really THAT bad, well, sucks to be you. (and no, I don't feel any compassion for you either way )

Just say "cojones" a lot and you'll be safe.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
spanish is easy.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
spanish is easy.

you're not reading your pm's again.

Quote by sithian476

lmfao!.....damn i love ug...

edit:

Quote by Mad Marius

haha
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Mad Marius

thats the best idea ive heard all night
tengo tres años de clase de español. me parece que español es fácil aprender.

however, i could have just mauled that sentence, and i could be quite wrong. but anyways, just for the hell of it, here's a letter to santa i wrote for my spanish class.

Querido Santa,

Si viene a mi casa, te destruiré. ¿Piensa que estoy bromeando? Tengo una espada y una pistola de rayo. ¿Has notado tus elfos están ausentes? Tengo ellos en mi sótano. Algunos ya están muertos. Chequea tu buzón en este día. Allí estará prueba de cuán serio estoy.

Tu amigo, Josh Jones

PS quiero una guitarra con doce cuerdas.

Hopefully it's not too mauled. My spanish is meh as it is, and that was written from memory, so I don't expect spectacular comments on my spanish.
Doing well in school is all about time management. If this is some crappy 5-10% assignment, just blow it off. At the end of the day the difference between a 60 and an 80 on a 10% assignment just isn't worth freaking out over, especially if you really feel it's too much work or too difficult.

On the other hand, if this is some sort of major exam-replacement type of thing worth 25%+ ... it's really not that much work at all.
just say pendejo a lot

or recite this

Hey amigos . . .
Adelante amigos . . .
Vamos vamos mi amor
Me gusta mucho tu sabor
No no no no tu corazón
Mucho mucho tu limón
Dame de tu fruta
Vamos mi amor . . .
Te quiero puta!
Te quiero puta!
Ay que rico

Ay que rico un dos tres
Sí te deseo otra vez
Pero no no no tu corazón
Más más más de tu limón
Querido
Dame de tu fruta
Dame de tu fruta
Vamos mi amor . . .
Te quiero puta!
Te quiero puta!
Ay que rico

Entre tus piernas voy a llorar
Feliz y triste voy a estar
Feliz y triste voy a estar

Más más más por favor
Más más más sí sí señor
Más más más por favor
Más más más sí sí señor
No me tengas miedo
No te voy a comer
Más más más por favor
Más más más sí sí señor
Sí sí señor

Te quiero puta!
Te quiero puta!
Dámelo dámelo
Te quiero puta!
Quote by madbasslover
tengo tres años de clase de español. me parece que español es fácil aprender.

however, i could have just mauled that sentence, and i could be quite wrong. but anyways, just for the hell of it, here's a letter to santa i wrote for my spanish class.

Querido Santa,

Si viene a mi casa, te destruiré. ¿Piensa que estoy bromeando? Tengo una espada y una pistola de rayo. ¿Has notado tus elfos están ausentes? Tengo ellos en mi sótano. Algunos ya están muertos. Chequea tu buzón en este día. Allí estará prueba de cuán serio estoy.

Tu amigo, Josh Jones

PS quiero una guitarra con doce cuerdas.

Hopefully it's not too mauled. My spanish is meh as it is, and that was written from memory, so I don't expect spectacular comments on my spanish.

some of that made no damn sense.... elfos? lmao
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by amazingdm
that's so stupid
no one should need to know spanish in america

You're right. Knowing more than one language in general is worthless; you don't even need to know one well.

no one SHOULD NEED to know spanish in america
it shouldn't be a required class or anything.

I purposely forgot all the spanish I learned in high school
I don't need it taking up space in my head
Quote by amazingdm
no one SHOULD NEED to know spanish in america
it shouldn't be a required class or anything.

I purposely forgot all the spanish I learned in high school
I don't need it taking up space in my head

No comment.

Page 1 of 2