No reason you guys shouldn't have your music on the radio. I was taken back by how tight and fresh and alive you guys sound. I only occasionally like music and bands like yours. This is one of those occasions.

Pros: Tight rhythms; great vocalist; top notch lyrics; talented musicians; you sing of relationships, but you don't sound like a bunch of pussies just trying to kiss the asses of the girls in your audience... and so on, and so on...

Cons: Umm...

Overall: 9.7

Well played, gentlemen.
I think it would sound better live. I like the clean to distorion for verse to chorus. The guitar peices, reminded me of Eve 6, except for the solo.

I didn't like the I believe it was the Second to last riff in the solo. I personally prefer shorter songs. though I liked the song, I guess it just didn't sit right with me, the best guess I just didn't really like the way it all came together.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
I thought the whole song was...perfect. I'm adding you and downloading yor songs as we speak.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
pretty good i love the chorus the riff in it is really good and the solo made it even better the vocals were really good to

CRIT ME PLEASE
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Very very good. Is this a professionally done demo or did you guys record it. It says its just a demo so I was wondering. I like Crazy Youth Acoustic the best thoguh.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Quote by donkeyman2341
Very very good. Is this a professionally done demo or did you guys record it. It says its just a demo so I was wondering. I like Crazy Youth Acoustic the best thoguh.

Yeah, we just tracked this at my house with some pretty cheap equipment. SM57 for the guitars, and an MXL990 for the vocals. The drums were tracked by a friend of mine in our practice space (you can see pictures of the space on our myspace) - he has some really nice equipment and gave us friend rates

thanks for the all the feedback everyone. I'll get to the crits tonight.

-Chris/Ablyss
wow! very very impressive for a home studio project...did you do much mixing, or what, cause everything sounds soo good, also did u use a mic pre cause the vocals and guitars sound so crisp, the drums sound bitchin too. keep it up
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Quote by donkeyman2341
wow! very very impressive for a home studio project...did you do much mixing, or what, cause everything sounds soo good, also did u use a mic pre cause the vocals and guitars sound so crisp, the drums sound bitchin too. keep it up

Thanks It does take a lot of work, but you can get a pretty good sound if you're patient. I did use a preamp on the vox - a piece of shit Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200. It does give the vocals a little more warmth though.

The drums - I have no idea what my buddy used. He has a ridiculous amount of equipment and is always trading/upgrading. I do know he used protools to track them, but that's about it.

A lot of the way the whole song sounds as a whole is due to the eq work that I did during mixing. I read up a lot of on where all the instruments sit in the audio spectrum (drums included) and tried to get everything to mix well and not overpower each other. I'm still not entirely satisfied with what I've got, but I need some nice monitors to really get down to the nitty gritty and fine tune it. All of the mixing thus far has been on some cheap $30 computer speakers (boo) and some headphones.

Anyway, if you have any questions on my equipment and how I actually record - just ask. I love helping people save money recording themselves, rather than blowing it doing a live take in a studio. I think total out the door, I've spent about $350 on my equipment. Budget recording can be done!

-Chris/Ablyss
I am blown away...this is incredible, this sounds very professional; The words are really well written, the guitars are wonderful(ly written and) sounding, the bridge and ending solo are great, they really add a lot to the song; The guitar parts for this song show a real mastery of dynamics and definitely skill; This sounds really REALLY good considering that it was a home recording; It's too bad you guys are way in Nebraska otherwise I would definitely go to your show! I'm definitely adding you guys and your song is going on my myspace!

Michael

Crit me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510972
I can't stop listening to this song. I love the first verse, I feel like I'm there watching you check out the hottie lol. Very very good lyrics, and vox. Recording is much easier when you have talent.

But still very curious about your setup. What program did you use, especially for the EQing.
Its cool if you don't want to, but it would be neat to hear the raw tracks you started with, and then the final. PM me if you want, cause this is the exact quality and perfection I am looking for in my recordings. Thanks.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
ZigZag said it well haha. I think this song should be on the radio. I loved the intro and the recording is really nice. Nice little lead in there too.

Vocalist is good which is hard to find these days, honestly. Nice vocal melody, stays in key.

The only thing I would really do to this song is turn the bass up a little and during the distorted guitar parts, try to layer them or something... just to beef up the sound a little, make it more prominent.

Solo is so mellow haha I like it a lot. It contrasts nice with the distorted chorus too... good dynamics in the sound.

I know I'm not too good at crits, but crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509477
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Here's how we do it:

Equipment

I'd say one of the most important things that vastly improves a recording's quality is the microphone.

For guitars and occasionally vocals our microphone of choice is the Shure SM57 It's a unidirectional dynamic mic that is pretty much the industry standard for recording instruments and specifically guitars. Goes for about $89.00

For vocals we now use the MXL 990 ($49.99). It's a condensor mic and work wonders on making vocals sound full and really capturing all the nuances of a voice (which will force the singer to have to work a little harder since every little thing gets picked up). The only drawback to the 990 is that it requires phantom power to operate. I say drawback, but the only real drawback is the extra money you need to spend on a preamp. (nice segway)

A preamp is what powers a condensor mic (although you can just buy a unit that provides power a preamp will give the microphone "tube warmth"). The preamp that we use is the Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200 Mic Preamp ($59.99)

I recently purchased a Pod XT Live (~$400) off of eBay for about $100 cheaper than it is new. I've recorded some guitar tracks with it and it does a great job with clean tones - dirty guitar is pretty tough to get to sound "not-so-processed" but it can be done. If you end up getting one - PM me and I'll send you some presets you can load into it.

I also use this soundcard - though any decent 24bit soundcard will get the job done.

The only other equipment that we use is, of course, a mic stand (I recommend the "boom" type, as it's much more versatile), microphone cables (need a minimum of two), a pop filter ($19.99 although our was free with the preamp), a line transformer ($5.99), and a 1/4in to 1/8in adapter(~$1.00 @ Radio Shack) - you only need this if your soundcard doesn't have 1/4 inch inputs (most don't)

Okay now that's all the hardware we use. Now for software, and this is the hard part.

Software

We record with Adobe Audition 1.5 ($299.99). Now use your imagination if you prefer not to spend 300 bucks on software to goof around with in your bedroom And if you still can't come up with the answer look here.

Now, what I mean by the software is the hard part is that Adobe Audition, while awesome for recording, isn't the easiest program in the world. It's definetly not impossible, but it's not Microsoft Wav Editor.

Any other questions - feel free
Thanks - we're pretty confident that we'll attract some sort of label attention in the future. I'll check your song out now
dude this is amazing..i haven't heard anything quite like it in terms of recording quality..specially for a home project..Good luck guys i expect to see you touring the world very soon