Page 1 of 2
I saw this proposal on the ultimate metal forums.

"Greetings!

My name is Rachelle Mendez and I'm a Casting Producer for ABC Television's hit reality show, Wife Swap. I ‘m conducting a National Casting Search to find Metal Fans to feature on the current season of our show , and am contacting you in hopes of discussing the possibility of working together to find a family who we can consider casting.

Wife Swap is a family show on ABC primetime. The premise is simple: two moms from two very different families get the opportunity to swap lives (but not bedrooms - everyone has their own!) for a week to experience what it's like to live a different lifestyle - and to see what they can teach each other about their own lifestyle!

We want to feature a family of long time metal fans (Death, Black, Thrash, Speed-etc) in hopes of shattering any common misconceptions of what family life for Metal Heads might be like! We encourage all families, the bolder and more adventurous the better, with 2 parents at home and school aged children (6-17) to apply immediately. The family can belong to any aspect of the Metal community-as fans, promoter, band members-it really makes no difference, as long as the family is genuinely passionate about Metal.

Maybe you know of a family or have a family yourself with made for TV personalities that you would be willing to recommend. I would greatly appreciate you forwarding my information on to any of your family members, friends, and associates who might be interested in sharing their lives with us for a week!

In addition, each family that tapes an episode of Wife Swap receives a financial honorarium for their time."

Does anyone know any "metal families" that would fit this category? Would you do this if your family was metal?
I've found Jesus
No doubt this would only further the ignorance.

And metal families don't exist.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I hope they find a family that is very passionate about black metal. I would watch that. Not thrash though, to many people know about that.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

Haha, yeah,

But I'm sure there is some crazy black metal family out there in some neo-gothic designed house ready to trade places with some eccentric Christian family.
If they could find a family by the name of "The Immortals" I would watch it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
ROFL!!!!...

...but that's pretty gay.

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

Man!! Have you seen Slayer's War at the Warfield DVD? They interview this guy who says his whole family loves Slayer and the interviewer goes:

"Don't you think other people would find that strange at all?"

Reply: "**** other people"

Hell yeah
how about husband swap with Kerry King and Al Sharpton.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
99.5% sure they will get a "goth" mother on the show as a metalhead.

The remaining .5% could be interesting
with 2 parents at home and school aged children (6-17)

haha a 6 year old metalhead! Ownage!
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
^haha....

stupid.

stupid.

i watched the show once. They even messed up on a story about wiccas (had errors on wiccan belief)
i would never watch this unless they had "TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL FAMILY!"
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
If a black metal family got on and were true black metal fans the world of metal would be given the worst name ever. Forget rap and how horrible it is poeple would put metal even farther down on the appropriateness chain. And every one who listened to metal would be considered a freak.
And you'll most likely swap us with a family of paranoid neo-con. Yeah. I'll pass....and I;m not a wife, nor woman for that matter. Great show though.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I'd watch it. The show is entertaining sometimes, and it would be even more so if the metal family swapped with someone like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCh2FXzD6R4

I don't think people like this should be allowed to have children.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
^wow. But I would bet my ass it's an actress. Or at least sure as hell I hope people like this don't exist.
haha it reminds me of that fundies say the darndest things website.

I'm beginning to see why so many people on these boards hate Christians, we just don't get ANY idiotic Christian fundamentalism in Britain at all, people just tend to get on with it, but in America it seems (seems) to be very common.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I'm beginning to see why so many people on these boards hate Christians, we just don't get ANY idiotic Christian fundamentalism in Britain at all, people just tend to get on with it, but in America it seems (seems) to be very common.

Just today after class there was someone preaching against "unholy sex"/homosexuality in the main central part of campus. I'm not an avid Christian hater though, I just disagree with them and don't particularly like them pushing their views on others.

Anyway, they're obviously looking for metalheads to make conflict in the show. It will probably just make metal look worse in the mainstream view if they find someone.
I'd love to watch this if they pull it off. Can you imagine what would happen if the new wife tried to prevent them from listening to their music? Holy shit, I'd be pissed. I wanna see what happens when they try it with the crazy, anti-social family they'll probably pick.
Last edited by frozen-dirt at Jan 22, 2007,
Quote by frozen-dirt
I'd love to watch this if they pull it off. Can you imagine what would happen if the new wife tried to prevent them from listening to their music? Holy shit, I'd be pissed. I wanna see what happens when they try it with the crazy, anti-social family they'll probably pick.

Well, a crazy, antisocial family probalby won't sign up for it.

If they can get a real metal family (not one that listens to bullcrap like Slipknot), then I'll be interested. But, they probably won't.
Not my family, thats for sure.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by unfathomable_bo
but in America it seems (seems) to be very common.

To put it mildly. Christianity in America has practically become a political platform, and our separation of church and state has become little more than a meaningless group of words...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
that guy posted on UG a while ago looking for a family of air guitarists!
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by unfathomable_bo

Not to turn this into a religious debate thread or anything, but I've never had one of these so-called "common" experiences with some radical Christian making everyone aware of their sinful lives.

I'm a Christian, and I've known hundreds of people throughout my life that are too. NONE of them are like that. It's like with any religion, you just get one or two every few thousand that take things to the extreme. There are just so many Christians in America that those one or two per thousand are more numerous than others. But it's not like you can't walk down the street without having a street preacher track you down and tell you to repent, or anything.

Anyway, back on topic...They're not going to get anything like a "Black Metal family", period. If there is such a thing, they're definitely not going to want to get on a national TV show! Because A) Since when have people that listen to and follow black metal had the desire to be known publicly, and B) they know that they would get paired up with some radical Christian family in order for hilarity to ensue.

It would be entertaining, though...
Quote by unfathomable_bo
haha it reminds me of that fundies say the darndest things website.

Yes, People like her are the reason a person like me is against and sometimes even hates most religions. It just infuriates me when somebody pushes there religion on me or assumes its okay to start preaching.
Ah, but that's the great thing about America. You can just walk away and never see them again.
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
Ah, but that's the great thing about America. You can just walk away and never see them again.

Unless they are your family and insist on believing you <3 Jesus.
Quote by Thedarkwolf
((Hey son,have you heard that new cryptopsy album?))

"Yeah pop. It was swell."
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Scourge441
Well, a crazy, antisocial family probalby won't sign up for it.

Ah crap, I forgot about that. Oh well, it'd still make a great TV moment.

And about the Christian thing, I've only heard of people having experiences like that. Most of the Christians I grew up around were pretty cool. I do know some people (mostly kids, though) that will try to throw some of their beliefs out there to argue against evolution or something, but that's about it.
Yeah, some people like, prepare an argument just in case someone brings up evolution, and it's almost always horrible, random timing. Most conversations go like so:

"So, I like dinosaurs."
"Hey man, we didn't evolve from those guys! There are no transitional forms so there's no proof. Pwned!"

And then of course, everyone thinks that they're a moron.

Back to the TV show...when is this supposedly going to be aired, anyway? Since they're just looking fora family NOW, I would suppose that it's going to be sometime towards the end of the season or maybe even the fall.
I don't really care, most people at my school think people who listen to metal are freaks. But, for somereason people over look me because I play football and am pretty good at it....bastard people who steriotype Anyways, I would still watch it if they had a black metal family. I know it would be scripted but I can almost guarantee I would laugh my ass off.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

^Heyyyy I play football too! High-five! We actually won a State title my senior year, so that was pretty cool....

About the black metal family, it's ironic because people like us who know about it are the only ones that would think it was funny...lol
Quote by Nelsean
If they could find a family by the name of "The Immortals" I would watch it.

Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Hahaha, yea. All the family cowering in one corner while this huge woman with spikes and corpse paint walks around the house. Hehehe...I would totally watch that....
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
^Heyyyy I play football too! High-five! We actually won a State title my senior year, so that was pretty cool....

About the black metal family, it's ironic because people like us who know about it are the only ones that would think it was funny...lol

*Highs the five!* yeah I love football, I"m actaully on varsity freshman year and I play fullback. I break more and more sterotypes everyday. I can be grim and do that kind of stuff

On second thought, they should just put Immortal on the show, I would love that.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

OMG! You just gave me the awesomest idea. Have this metal wife swap, and then get them to play football, in full black metal look. Corpse-paint, spikes, everything. Tr00 gr1m football.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Page 1 of 2