Just bought this baby off Ebay to replace my Line 6 Flextone, a steal for $1000 Aussie dollars. I'll let you boys (and the occasional girl) know how it goes after I jam with it.

If anyone owns it or similar, let me know what pedals work well with it. I'm thinking of an EQ pedal, because the amp only has EQ for one channel, and I assume this doesn't need an overdrive pedal? I think I need to buy one of those Engl footswitches as well.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
Good price, almost half what it goes for new.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
damn thats a nifty amp there.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Thats a awsome amp.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Ahh you got that one off the bay, nice steal brother, I was eying it!
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
Quote by TheNoseBleedKid
Ahh you got that one off the bay, nice steal brother, I was eying it!

The guy selling it actually me that he came on Ebay to take off the listing, he wanted to keep the amp, but he saw that it was sold. And the only reason I bought the Engl at all is because I got outbid on a Peavey Classic 30 about 10 minutes before.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
and at the price those classic 30 have been going for the ENGL is a steal $250 more for a much better amp, nice deal! Tell us how it turns out! There has been quite a few ENGLs on ebay recently quite weid for aussie ebay!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Yea. Ebay has been good lately.

I almost picked up an Eden Nemesis 675w amp for $710, it was two weeks old and it lists for $1700. Got outbid at last minute, damn slow internet.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
There'll be a Line 6 Flextone up there soon as well, lol. I'm hoping to get at least $750.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
Yeh there alot of good stuff, a really nice ibanez PL thats got a cracked headstock I want for cheap but I buy a new bass and probably a new amp, oh well I'll sell that damn LTD I have!

Around christmas thought ebay was SOOOOOOOOO bad!

Theres also been alot of warwick basses on there, if only I had the cash!
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't buy any pedals yet, wait till you get it, lol. I haven't tried it, but from what I hear it's not just as high gain as some of the others, you might want a booster pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just got it today, played it at bedroom volumes, won't be able to play it properly until around next week unfortunately.

Davemc - it's definitely high-gain enough, hits Symphony X and Dream Theater levels easily, which is the gainiest stuff I play.

The cleans are solid, but obviously not quite as nice as a Fender. I'm not sure whether I like the cleans better on the Engl or the Flextone.

The only sound I couldn't get was a real bluesy overdrive that you might get on a Fender Deluxe for example. Putting the gain up high on the clean channels sent the volume too high for bedroom usage, so presumably with a bit of volume it will be able to get a nice bluesy drive.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
^^ yeah, i can get that bluesy thing going on mine with the volume up. It's hard to say, though, i have the savage se, lol, it's a different amp. EDIT: what i mean is, I can get a bluesy tone at low volumes too.

i guess what hope says is good- either go attenuator or get a kick-ass overdrive/clean boost pedal. I'd probably edge towards the OD/clean boost, since that might give you more options (you could use it as a solo boost too), the attenuator will be most useful when only trying to keep the volume down.

Best bet is to try both through your amp, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ haha! yeah, both is better than one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?