I need help getting that Santana/Hide(X Japan) style sound...I mostly play rhythm guitar but I do a lot of solos. some of which last about 4 minutes so i need a sound that works well while being played slow and fast

I have a ESP F-50, I'm using a spider 212 amp and i use multiple sets of speakers but i need that right tone...can anyone recommend a compressor foot pedal, new pickups or anything that might save me the trouble of having to go buy a whole new set up

I'm thinking of buying this...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607

so that if I can't get the right sound I will at least have some more effects.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by NightMizer at Jan 22, 2007,
Santana and Hide........... HAVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT SOUNDS..........

One is dark but middy..... one is BRIGHT and kinda middy......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
For Santana if you have a Mesa type dist channel on your amp, turn the gain way way down and crank the mids. Use your neck pickup.
USE MIDS

it sounds like you might have that scooped mid "metal" sound, which IMO sucks for lead. turn down your highs a bit, floor your mids, switch to the middle setting and crank the gain on the crunch channel. try that, or go up one channel and lower the gain.

and for slow, lower your volume a tiny bit to take the edge off.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.