NASA Ninja
210 IQ
In my band, none of the three of us have any vehicle larger than a basic car. Problem is, we need a way to transport gear. I was thinking of putting the toms inside of the bass drum, and the snare and cymbals in the floor tom, but could that wreck the set?
Ollieyoufool
UG's BMW Enthusiast
157 IQ
My band uses teleportation, try it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
King ofKumbucha
Gore not Core
1,851 IQ
Quote by NASA Ninja
In my band, none of the three of us have any vehicle larger than a basic car. Problem is, we need a way to transport gear. I was thinking of putting the toms inside of the bass drum, and the snare and cymbals in the floor tom, but could that wreck the set?

I wouldn't risk it...seeing how expensive drum sets are.
NASA Ninja
210 IQ
Well, none of us drive, and my dad's the only one who'd actually drive us anywhere.
U-Mass
Debaser!
118 IQ
We've been known to rent one of those small white vans for a night... Usually for such a small amount of time its pretty cheap. I wouldn't recommend putting stuff from your drum kit inside the bass/snare, you could very well break something or weaken it depending on how far the drive is and how much vibration rattles them up.
ark
Gotta Love That Sound
502 IQ
itll soone ror later damage your stuff, proper carrying cases really do protect your equipment alot.

if you dont play very often, rent a larger vehicle or take multiple trips because its going to be hard on your equipment, plus youll spend just as much time setting your stuff back up at the venue anyway. if you are doing lots of shows and touring, then invest in a van, there arnt really ways around it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
Hire a new member who drives.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
learn to drive
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by METSOAD
learn to drive

that is perfectly stupid. firstly - he might not be old enough to drive. secondly - he would still have to pay for lessons, pay for a driving test to get a lisence and buy a car... while it would help it's not really "advice" as such...
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
NASA Ninja
210 IQ
I wish I could drive, but I can't seem to pass the driver's test. It's not that I'm dumb or anything, I just suck with memorizing these stupid random rules I never even heard of that they throw on the test.
WhereArtEsteban
I'm Hungry
888 IQ
Quote by NASA Ninja

If your drummer know his shit, he can answer that for you.
WhereArtEsteban
I'm Hungry
888 IQ
Quote by NASA Ninja
I wish I could drive, but I can't seem to pass the driver's test. It's not that I'm dumb or anything, I just suck with memorizing these stupid random rules I never even heard of that they throw on the test.

DUDE I ****ING HATED THE DAMN TEST, took me 3 tries, passed it today actually.
NASA Ninja
210 IQ
Quote by WhereArtEsteban
If your drummer know his shit, he can answer that for you.

Our drummer's pretty new, and we're borrowing a set from another friend of mine.
WhereArtEsteban
I'm Hungry
888 IQ
Quote by NASA Ninja
Our drummer's pretty new, and we're borrowing a set from another friend of mine.

Well in that case, yes it will most likely hurt the set. Its too much risk for a drumset because they're pretty expensive (at least the one my drummer uses). But, to get my bands stuff from place to place we usually have two cars.
instantkarma93
21 IQ
When my band transports stuff we use my drummers moms mini van and it works fine. If you have friend who is not in your band but is supportive of your band, maybe he would be able to help you transport your equipment. Try to find a friend who has a van or mini van.
dcoyle4040
guitarman4040
238 IQ
Quote by Blompcube
that is perfectly stupid. firstly - he might not be old enough to drive. secondly - he would still have to pay for lessons, pay for a driving test to get a lisence and buy a car... while it would help it's not really "advice" as such...

Pay for driving lessons???
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals