View poll results: Do you like it?
No
4 6%
Yes- the whole thing
50 77%
Yes- Just the bird.
11 17%
Voters: 65.
I've been thinking of some inlays to do on one of my acoustics, at the moment I have this.

The lines are still rought and need cleaning up and i'm still going to change some things but what do you think? At the moment I could go either way.
WOW that's pretty cool.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by evo666
looks kick ass, where are you going to inlay it?

Headstock most likely if I come up with a cool design for a fretboard i'll do it.

Quote by sk8erguy171
the bird looks sweet i say just the bird

That's what I though but i'm not sure.
Thats a really cool inlay, have fun makin it
04 Ibanez RG220B with jackson bridge humbucker
The only difficulty I would see is that it may be too wide for a fretboard inlay.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
i think he means body, not fretboard.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
green abalone would be amazing, but expensive. or you could go all crazy and do a PRS dragon-type thing with different colors and all.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
It looks cool, but from looking at it I can't tell what the hell it is. I wouldn't have known it was a bird if I hadn't read the poll options before looking. Design wise it's great, but from a practical standpoint, it's a little 'wierd'.

Maybe if I saw the solid bird you modeled it after, but I still don't see a bird. I'd ditch that little fire thing around the bottom, and that ring. To me, flames are CORNY as hell, and just the bird would make a good headstock inlay for sure. It'd look great on an ebony veneered headstock, with some trippy MOP.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I saw something in the stewmac catalog where you engrave details into the inlay and then rub some black stuff in it. Maybe try that to make it more easy to see what it is at first glance.
Quote by Ippon
Very nice! Will the color be generally Silvery White? or with the shifting Blue Green? Or some other color combo? Photoshop please.

It will be a bunch of different colours, haven't decided yet what materials i'll use yet.
I'd photoshop if ?Icould but i don't have the program or know how to use it. :p
Quote by AlGeeEater
It looks cool, but from looking at it I can't tell what the hell it is. I wouldn't have known it was a bird if I hadn't read the poll options before looking. Design wise it's great, but from a practical standpoint, it's a little 'wierd'.

Maybe if I saw the solid bird you modeled it after, but I still don't see a bird. I'd ditch that little fire thing around the bottom, and that ring. To me, flames are CORNY as hell, and just the bird would make a good headstock inlay for sure. It'd look great on an ebony veneered headstock, with some trippy MOP.

Chris

Strange. I saw a bird immediately before I even saw the poll. I don't see the flame thing, though I see the tail feathers and the right wing's stylized individual feathers.
Quote by AlGeeEater

Chris

Yeah it looks alittle weird now but hopefully it will look better with more details engraved in, this ain't going to be the final design either. When my bro saw me working on he thought it was like a wizard or something

I pretty sure i'm going to ditch the ring. I modelled it of some drawing i found on google images, I can't find it now.
I actually like the background, the bird not so much...

I could do some photoshopping for you if you told me what colors you want on each thing...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
^Thanks for the offer but i'm not really sure of what materials i'm going to use yet.
Quote by dave293
^Thanks for the offer but i'm not really sure of what materials i'm going to use yet.

Well, if after you decided materials you still need photoshopping, just PM me, I could also do different versions of the same inlay...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I think the bird looks great; you should use red/yellow/orange materials to make it look like a phoenix or something of the like.
looks expensive
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
if you got a few different colors of MOP, like PRS, you could get enough contrast to get it to work.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
That's what i'm going to do, i'm just looking into what combinations of shell and recon stone will look good.
Looks like a rooster with a mohawk.... I like it though, it's original.
Hai UG!