Crazy and sweet.

I don't know much about modding, but when you finish i'd love to see pics.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i've had an idea like this....but in involved a practice amp and a bunch of batteries all fit in to one guitar amp backpack....didnt work to well....
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Batteries?!Try to power it with a car battery,that'll be cool
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Batteries?!Try to power it with a car battery,that'll be cool

Do you really know anything about electronics?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^Nah,I dont know anything about electronics.Sorry for suggesting
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
^Nah,I dont know anything about electronics.Sorry for suggesting

That's alright buddy, I'm still learning (I'm actually about to start an 18 month electrical engineering course) xD
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
How would you do anything like this?

I dont understand... Please explain?
Quote by MarchOfEternity
Oh, and azza, you're a pretty good writer! Graybass is a god amongst men and you're turning real quick to be his new messiah lol.

Quote by graybass_20x6
You're doing good, mate.

Keep up the good work.

I'll take A for $500, Alex.
I've seen plenty of street performers run amps off car batteries, It's perfectly doable. All you need is an inverter to change 12V DC power into AC at whatever your local plug voltage is (240V, 110V whatver). You can buy them at electronics shops, 4WD and caravan suppliers, and the automotive sections of big tool shops.

There's a really good beatboxer who performs around Sydney who runs his mic into what looks like an amp head out of a car stereo, ideal I suppose since it already runs on 12 volts and cuts out the need for an inverter.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
A car battery would work, but it's....BIG.

My suggestion for a travel guitar is an electric Baritone Ukulele that fits into a badminton racket case. That would be relatively awesome. If I find copper wire to wind pickups, I'll make one some day.
this has actually already been done (oddly enough)...there is already a popular traveler series with Digitech's RP stuff already built in. you could probably get one for not all that much.
a little lie says you'd like nothing better.....
^^ thats cool, ive figured someone must have doen sumthing like this before.. but i already have one and already have the wood and im buying the neck bridge and HB's off a buddy all for $65, just cheap stuff just for fun
The digitech RP, that's a multi effect right? I think it would be cooler to get one of these: and get it inside a guitar. Lot's of routing though, but a cool idea..

I'm thinking something like this:

PAINT FTW
Quote by m_hedborg
The digitech RP, that's a multi effect right? I think it would be cooler to get one of these: and get it inside a guitar. Lot's of routing though, but a cool idea..

PAINT FTW

I would try and have it on the back or away frm the strings.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Yeah, that would be smarter I reccon. I don't think I'll ever do that mod, just an idea.
yea i could do that i suppose but i have an rp already which i got for $15!
so i just wanted to do sumthing with it because it doesnt sound great with my other pedals plus then i can have stufff to mess around with when i cant sleep and its late and i cant turn my amp on
Quote by Lordoflax

Yah, it would obviously be feedbacking like no other.
Quote by m_hedborg

PAINT FTW

i own one but it don't work.

when it did it had a cool sound, though

RIP, MS-2\m/
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Lordoflax

NO! Do it that way the sustain/feedback would be wonderful.
Wonderful, or shitty?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
But seriously, threadstarter, do the mod you were going to do, but it would be cool to add a small speaker. So, do that too =)
Quote by sk8erguy171
i wonder if i could just hook up a small speaker to it??
would the impendence matter? i mean u can use a muti-effect with any amp right? it has its own volume control so would a lone speaker be possible?

better to hookup a small mini amp to it. just a speaker won't work unless you've got a power amp.
Quote by Charso
better to hookup a small mini amp to it. just a speaker won't work unless you've got a power amp.

ah yes thats right... oh well i can always just hook it up to my combo amp... or i might try to build one onf those "Little Gems" they have on runoffgroove.com when i get some cash
Wesley Guitars has a child-size with a built in amp/speaker
Pignose have some guitars with built-in amps as well

Personally, I'd be more inclined to build a guit with an internal headphone amp connected between the volume controls and the output jack. That way, you wouldn't need to worry about the speakers - add a mini switch as well, and it wouldn't affect the amplified sound, or it could add some interesting effects when coupled with another amp. Who knows? It'd be an interesting project, that's for sure.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!