Alright, this may confuse some people but...

If I were to learn a song that is in standard e flat tuning with the g string tuned down to f and instead of tuning my guitar down like that could i just find that same note on my g string as if it were tuned down to F? like if the note were G# can I just find it on the same string and it will sound the same or do I go down a step and use F#?

Sorry for confusing ya..Im basically a noob when it comes to this stuff..
Quote by soul_power
Serious question. About $1,000 to spend and i really want a monkey. Anyone know where i can get one?

Lol.
When you tune down, the notes themselves don't change, just which fret you use to play each note. Say your G string is tuned down to F#, instead of playing A on the 2nd fret, you'd play it on the 3rd fret.
So if you don't wanna tune your guitar to the song you're learning, just figure out how many semitones higher your tuning is from the song's and play the song that many frets lower. For example standard Eb played with standard E tuning... you'd play it all one fret lower.
You'd have to watch out for notes played on open strings and compensate for them.

Didn't really get what your question was, but hopefully that helps.
Currently Playing:
1986 H-H Contemporary Fender Telecaster
Backup:
Ibanez Ex Series
Customized SSS Starter Stratocaster
Yeah, or play a few frets higher on the D string. Unless the song involves some weird chord shapes and the G is played open (which would be, I'd think, the main reason to use a tuning like that)

edit: Bah, the guy above beat me to it, and explained it better too.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Ahh, I get it..thanks for your help =)
Quote by soul_power
Serious question. About $1,000 to spend and i really want a monkey. Anyone know where i can get one?

Lol.