I guess this happened when i set my guitar down at one point, but i plugged it in to my amp, and all i got was a buzzing. So i tried my other guitar, nope, not my amp. Took the input jack out of my RG and it seems one of the two solders is broken off. Any precautions i should take when soldering and is there anything i should know?
The Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Roland Cube 30x
just careful for your fingers, the metal will get hot if you hold the soldering iron on for just a short while
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Alright thanks guys, but i better do this tommorow i'm tired lol
The Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Roland Cube 30x
Ive had the same problem. But when i went to the shop they didnt say it was solder problem./ they said, sometimes the jack input while the jack was in was turning, and it twisted the cable. Check that aswell...
heat the base of the probe first before applying the led so it binds better, also be careful not to melt the shielding on any of the other wires or ur in a world of trouble then
Quote by Jayps Inimical
Ive had the same problem. But when i went to the shop they didnt say it was solder problem./ they said, sometimes the jack input while the jack was in was turning, and it twisted the cable. Check that aswell...

Thats good to know, because my input jack is always coming loose from the nut. I might bind it to the metal face with something to keep it from happening again.

Again, thanks.
The Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Roland Cube 30x