Hello. I have an idea, and am not sure if it is an existing product. Has there been a box made that you can go from your speaker out into it, and you can change the Ohms required for different cabs and different wattages. Im asking because if someone was to buy a great amp head, but had to wait a while for a good cab, and they had one lying around that didnt match, they could use it to plug into anything.

It sounds like a good idea to me, and im wondering if such a creation exists.
Sounds like a good idea, don't know if this kind of thing has been made or not though.. =/
No, and it couldn't exist either.

Changing the resistance has to be done within the head or cab.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
chances are that if your amp head is that nice, it'll have switchable output impedances.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i used to think that thats what an atenuator did... or however you spell it
but i think it would be very nice if someone could invent this type of thing
I don't know if it has been done, but it seems to me that it could be.

Basically, it would be a device between the amp head and cab that would have a selection of ohm inputs in, and ohm inputs out. Inside the box would be the dummy load to satisfy the head, and the ability to output to the different ohm outputs.

I think it would probably be too expensive a box, with too small a market, to be worthwhile.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

I think it would probably be too expensive a box, with too small a market, to be worthwhile.

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Most heads have switchable outputs anyway