I have a Fender Toronado and a Squier Strat (I usually play the toronado). I also have a Marshall Valvestate 8100 amp. I have 4 effect pedals, a Dunlop Crybaby Wah, a Boss DS-1 Distortion, an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb. I was wondering if I should get new pickups for the toronado, get a new guitar, or get a new amp. The toronado comes with 2 fender hot rod humbuckers. I play music like punk, ska, alternative, or progressive rock. I play songs by bands like Coheed and Cambria, Blink-182, Radiohead, and Less than Jake. I would also prefer to get a fender guitar if you suggest one because I can get fender gear for cheaper than anything else.
maybe juist get new seymour duncan hotrails for your strat
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
what exactly are you unhappy with with regards to your sound?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I want a something that can get a heavy tone (but not like metal) and can also get good clean sound and leads. I need something that can do great rythm guitar and maybe another pickup that has leads that have more of an attack.
I would also prefer to have humbuckers.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Last edited by BurningOn65 at Jan 22, 2007,
An amp would improve your tone alot more than pickups or a guitar.
New pickups are a good way to start, though.

You could get a Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge. Aggressive, good rhythm crunch - it'll be good for the styles of music you play.

And for the neck, a Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro would cover any clean tones you'd need. Smooth, and warm, this pickup is still capable of doing rock.
You like ska you say?
Find out what Aaron Barrett uses (pickup wise) can't get much more Ska than him.
I know he used to use Ibanez then Gibson Les Pauls then a custom double cut les paul with a thinner neck.