anyone here a fan? I ****ing love them man.

Wayne Barret and Mic Rossi are one of the all time best front line combos

dicuss.
I like 'em. Only album I've got is a live one, from Holidays in the Sun @ Blackpool 1996.
Good stuff though.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
I haven't heard a huge amount of songs, but the ones I have heard are great. I can't find any of their albums here though, it's really annoying.
ive heard of them before but never really took a listen to their music i shall do that
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Situations is my personal favourite song.

Slaughter are probably the best example of how punk and glam go well hand in hand.
Iv only heard one of their songs off of some skaterock comp i got for christmas a few years back, its quite good, but i cant remember what its called.
L E T S G O F U C K I N C R A Z Y ! ! ! !

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Situations is my personal favourite song.

Slaughter are probably the best example of how punk and glam go well hand in hand.

That song is so damn catchy. Some of my favorites are Boston Babies, I'm Mad, Quick Joey Small, and thier cover of Mystery Girls.
I like all of the above, except that I'm not a fan of their mystery girls' cover, it lacks the quintessential chord extension on the B.

Twist and turn is another famous number.

I recently bought another album, a dog day afternoon live, and some of the stuff on it is a bit questionable.

Slaughter should be slaughter and not rage against the machine.
I think its awesome they where originaly a glam rock band. You can kind of hear that. Especially since their name was due to David Bowie.
SIZE]
Quote by GreenDayChris
I like 'em. Only album I've got is a live one, from Holidays in the Sun @ Blackpool 1996.
Good stuff though.

Yer - I'm with you!
Quote by ScummerVacation
I think its awesome they where originaly a glam rock band. You can kind of hear that. Especially since their name was due to David Bowie.

So were the lyrics in "Situations".
The "dancing with John" line is an homage to Bowie's "John, I'm Only Dancing".

I wonder how the punks would have reacted if they had been called "Diamond Dogs", like they originally planned to.
It might have destroyed the whole "Year Zero" myth *

Slaughter are also proof that the punks were more sussed than the Post-Punk/New Wave/New Romantic crowd, because when Morrisey tried out as their singer, they told him to bugger off.

Can you imagine Stevie effetely crooning "Wearing boots and short haircuts, and we will kick you in the gut" and sounding like Liberace or the weenie from Coldplay?

*Year Zero was the idea that punks in '77 destroyed all their old dinosaur and glam records and only listened to punk.
Given the number of punk bands that covered glam (and Beatles, Stones, Kinks and Who) songs, it's untrue.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.