Page 1 of 2
http://www.barackobama.com/video/about.php

He's absolutely awesome. He wants to unify the US and eliminate the segregation of Democrats and Republicans. He will be inspiration for all of the low-income kids with neglective parents, because he was one, too. He will give them a reason to invest in education and success and I think the we'll notice a a major change in the next few years if he is elected.

He's got my vote.

What do you think?
I'm voting for him for sure.

He's far from perfect, and I highly doubt he can completely turn the US around, but it's nice to see a candidate who's not completely stupid, corrupt, or a combination of both.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

"He wants to unify the US"??
Will it become the United-United States then?

The old USSR name is available. Why not the United States Socalist Republic ?
Rebranding would fool those pesky Jihadis
Yeah, Obama is clearly good at what he does, but he is going to have to prove himself before he can win the presidency. His political career so far is about a year old.

But yeah, there's a politics thread.
Death to Ovation haters!
mods, should this be in the politcal thread? sorry lol i didnt even think to include it because I usually don't view stickied threads.
I like all the things he's saying, but how do we know it's not just your normal political rhetoric politicians say just to get elected? It wouldn't be the first time. And even if he intends to follow through on what he says, how is he going to do it?
Ideally, I hope all the things he talks about actually happen but I'll believe it when I see it.
And knowing all those bible-toting, red state-living, pick-up truck driving, nas-car watching, republican-voting, war-loving, in the past-living, head buried in the sand having people will still vote in a republican.
mods i think you should delete this because im pretty sure it was supposed to go in the political thread. lol i dont want to get warned. Please delete.
I would vote for him in the primary, but umm I am registered 3rd party...
so now I can only hope that he defeats Hillary
Even if he does win the primary, stupid things like his middle name (Hussein) and his past use of marijuana and cocaine (or crack) are going to be exploited by the Republicans and it will be tough for him to get elected due to the amount of ignorant people who live in America, but he's got my vote.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Last edited by trey-col89 at Jan 22, 2007,
Neh.
Quote by JMack
i didnt get my first erection until i was 17.

what a queerbait

Founder of the "I got my first erection before I was 17 club."

PM me to join
He reminds me very much of John F Kennedy. He relates to the frustration of the younger generations very well, and to the older ones also. I hope he gets elected, we need a big change, and maybe his lack of experience will be a good thing. I mean look where "experienced" politicians have got us.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
he is just trying to play into the white house on the "im black" card. he isn't even african american. his mom is white and from kansas, and his dad was from africa.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
he is just trying to play into the white house on the "im black" card. he isn't even african american. his mom is white and from kansas, and his dad was from africa.

Just the same as Kerry was the "War Vet", Bush was....I don't know what the **** he was. And he hasn't really thrown race into it that much, I've watched all of his speeches and they don't single races out, it's about uniting them.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
The black thing is more being thrown out there by the media, not by Obama.

I'd love to see a Hilary/Obama ticket in '08. They'd definitely get my vote. There's really no way I'll vote republican though. They had their chance and failed miserably. I think the only exception to that would be McCain. I'd consider voting for McCain if the dems candidate was complete shite.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
He won't win simply because his last name is too similar to Osama.

50% of the world's population has an IQ < 100, by definition. So half the country won't be able to see past the connection. As stupid as it is. The guy should have changed his name.
Quote by andrew7667
The black thing is more being thrown out there by the media, not by Obama.

I'd love to see a Hilary/Obama ticket in '08. They'd definitely get my vote. There's really no way I'll vote republican though. They had their chance and failed miserably. I think the only exception to that would be McCain. I'd consider voting for McCain if the dems candidate was complete shite.

Yeh he's the only Republican I really like. He's a very honest and moral politician.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Whoa, I just finished reading the posts after mine. It seems that I am the only person in the thread that would vote Republican. Is there anyone else out there?
I would definitely vote for Obama...unless he ran with Clinton. In which case, there's no way in hell that I'd vote for him.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by halfback_712
He will be inspiration for all of the low-income kids with neglective parents, because he was one, too.

SON OF A MILL WORKER
I would vote for him. But I'm kinda worried because he's inexperianced. I really don't care, but some people do and that may lose him some votes. It would be a shame if he ran and didn't get elected solely on political experiance. He has my vote.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
So far all we've heard from him is that he's got good intentions. It'll be interesting to see how good he is at actually being a president.
Quote by RustyGold
you can't trust him. he was a muslim then converted. if he can't even stick to one relegion i don't know...that's a sign of a bad or shrewd politician. also he hasn't done much to prove himself. he talks but does nothing

...what?
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Gutch220
I like all the things he's saying, but how do we know it's not just your normal political rhetoric politicians say just to get elected? It wouldn't be the first time. And even if he intends to follow through on what he says, how is he going to do it?
Ideally, I hope all the things he talks about actually happen but I'll believe it when I see it.
And knowing all those bible-toting, red state-living, pick-up truck driving, nas-car watching, republican-voting, war-loving, in the past-living, head buried in the sand having people will still vote in a republican.

I take offense to that sir, DO NOT make fun of the South. Dixie>you
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by RustyGold
what didn't you understand...?

Well first of all, the fact that he converted from Islam to Christianity should be a non-issue. I know that the conservative will make a big deal out of it, but one's religion shouldn't be an issue when it comes to politics.

Also, saying "he talks but does nothing" is a fallacy. There have been plenty of bills that he's worked on that have passed through either Illinios state senate, or the federal senate. It's a cop-out.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Also it's pretty hard to be the president when you aren't the president. What do you expect him to do exactly?
Am I the only one that noticed that his head is grossly oversized compared to his neck???!!!
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
From what little I have seen I would not trust or like him. He does not take firm stands on hard issues, this is said from limited exposure to his agenda, and this makes him seem like a politician to me rather than someone who really wants to make a difference. By being vague about issues he can talk about issues without having to take a stand on them. He wants to appear relevant when in fact he is using his charismatic appeal to cover up his lack of clear cut agenda or policy stance. Beware of those who speek well yet have nothing to say.
Obama has charisma, but other than that, he's no different than any other politician. He's just as authoritarian as the rest of the Democrats and Republicans.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
im irish but i just plain dont like republicans or hilary clinton, is only where she is because of who her husband is(i would say she slept her way to the top, but i doubt she ever slept with bill). i would rather a fresh face, someone younger, in touch with the layman, and who is willing to allow change, thats how this guy is coming across, so vote for him, i need to find a good candidate this year for the irish elections though, hard to find one that isnt braindead though, actually, i take that back, thats mean to brainded people
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
Quote by speshul k 1207
I take offense to that sir, DO NOT make fun of the South. Dixie>you

sir, i say, sir I challenge you to a duel. say pistols at noon?
I would definately vote for Obama. I would NOT vote for Hilary, can't stand her. I live in Illinois and he does a lot of cool things here. He was just at a local resturant with a bunch of CEOs from local companies just meeting with them and talking with them about the state of Illinois and what they would want changed. They had a mock vote in that resturant that night and %90 of the people there would vote for him, including republicans.

He went to Harvard and was named the smartest in his class by most of his professors.

I believe that Barack would lose the red states, because he's like the ideal Democratic canidate, working for change and all, but he would win in a landslide in the democratic and undecided states.
It's hard to say if he has a good chance or not until after the Democratic primary. I'm sure it will be a Obama/Clinton or vice versa ticket in the end though. Of course from what I heard, Obama isn't the only minority running for office. I heard that there was a half hispanic (republican?) running for the office of president. Should be an interesting race.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Page 1 of 2