Ok, I think something is wrong with my guitar. When I plug it into my amp, the only thing I hear is fuzzie rufle. If I strum something, I can't hear it through my amp

Does anybody know what's wrong? I think something is wrong with my pickup or the wiring in my guitar, or is it my amp?

Please help!

P.S. I just replaced my strings, but I don't think that has something to do with it
Try a different cord, try a different guitar, and try a different guitar with a different cord.
I had that problem with my first guitar, turned out that the input on the guitar had somehow been pushed too far into the guitar and the cord wasn't connecting.
Or it might even be your amp......loads of different possibilities
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I'll bet one of the wires on your output jack of the guitar si disconnected. Unscrew the output jack plate pull it out and check to see if 2 wires are connected to it
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
There is only 1 wire connected to the output, but I can't find a second one...

Edit: I found it, but how do i connect it back to the output? Do I have to solder it?
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Jan 22, 2007,
You should solder it, but, if you don't have any experience with it you should ask your Dad or something, he might know something about it, maybe even have one lying around. It's a simple thing to do, just takes some practice, and you are likely to burn yourself a little the first million times you do it, I did today wiring up a couple of my guitars.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."

like these guys said solder on the other wire. and never hand tighten the jack when it's loose.

if u go to radio shack or similar, u can buy a soldering iron kit for about $10. instructions are on the box. it should take about 3 mins.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011