Has anyone ever use one of these? They look right up my alley, I travel a lot for work and my girlfriend just loves it when I crank up the amp while she's trying to watch tv.

I really want to get one but they're $150 which is a lot of cash for me, but if it works half as good as they advertise, it will be a god send!

Here's a link to it:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-CDGT1mkII-Portable-CD-Guitar-Trainer?sku=241255

-B-
I have one. It works quite well. With the ability to slow down tracks on a cd it makes learning songs much easier IMO. The built in effects are good for what your paying and the sound is very decent for a device of this type. I'd buy another one if mine ever failed.
Guitars:

Epi LP Standard HB W/ EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG470
OLP Tin Top

Amp:

Epi Valve Standard

Effects:

Custom Pedal Board

Boss DS-1 | Boss TU-2 | MXR Blue Box | MXR ZW-44 | DOD YJM308 | VS Jekyll & Hyde | Vox ToneLab SE
Quote by HamrEnterprises
I have one. It works quite well. With the ability to slow down tracks on a cd it makes learning songs much easier IMO. The built in effects are good for what your paying and the sound is very decent for a device of this type. I'd buy another one if mine ever failed.

How well does the loop feature work? Thats what I'm really interested in. Can you just tell it to loop from one point to another point in a song so you could figure just that riff out?

I'm not super worried about sound quality since I'll be using headphones and using it only for practicing.

Thanks for the insite.
The loop feature works great! While a song is playing you can set the start and stop points of the loop by simply pressing a button. The system will automatically loop that section until you tell it otherwise. You can pause and restart a loop and change the tempo of the loop (without changing pitch). You can also eliminate the guitar from the loop giving you a solid backing track with drums, bass and vocals or isolate the guitar so it's easier to hear as you learn. Lastly you can add guitar effects to better mimick what your learning as you play and change the guitar level (aka. fade the guitar in and out or fade the backing track in or out) for a better mix.
Guitars:

Ibanez RG470
OLP Tin Top

Amp:

Epi Valve Standard

Effects:

Custom Pedal Board

Boss DS-1 | Boss TU-2 | MXR Blue Box | MXR ZW-44 | DOD YJM308 | VS Jekyll & Hyde | Vox ToneLab SE
Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thanks for taking the time and better explaining it to me.

-B-
Anytime ... you will be pleased with it.
Guitars:

Ibanez RG470
OLP Tin Top

Amp:

Epi Valve Standard

Effects:

Custom Pedal Board