willstrats44
15/8 riffs own
550 IQ
hey everyone just repoirting in y im soo happy rite now

my band just got sighned to alamo records wich is a division of sunset records which is a major label!!! its a 2 album deal with tours and bookings and hotel rooms and gas included along with promotional stuff! and if we get popular enough and our record sells a good amount they will bump us up to the major label! we already had the sit down meeting and sighn the contract affter looking over it and making sure they werent scamming us its the real deal and i hope the we get eventually bumped up to the major label im sooo happy!!!!
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
UNIe
300 IQ
What do you think is the cause for the success of your band?
EirikFtw
It's banunnies! aw..****
68 IQ
Hell ****in' yeah man! Wish you good luck on the tour, what you guys called?
...And the worms ate into his brain.
willstrats44
15/8 riffs own
550 IQ
our name is equinox we just sighned it yesterday we are hard rock/ old school metal band we are going into the studio in 2 months 2 start recording then we will tour a lot of new england in support then when the tour is done we will start writing material for the 2nd record thanks for the support
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
SomeEvilDude
Government Conspiracy
627 IQ
Hmph. You looked over it?

My advice would've been to take the contract away and have a music lawyer look over it, and help you get the best deal you can. Record companies write contracts in a very interesting manner in which you often have to read very carefully into what they've said, else they'll screw you out of royalties, bankrupt you and all sorts of other shit you don't want to be dealing with.

Either way though, congratulations. Hope it all works out for the best.
nubular
UG Newbie
546 IQ
got like a website like mysapce or purevolume or somehting that i check out ur music with?
Do you, you, feel like I do?
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
Hmph. You looked over it?

My advice would've been to take the contract away and have a music lawyer look over it, and help you get the best deal you can. Record companies write contracts in a very interesting manner in which you often have to read very carefully into what they've said, else they'll screw you out of royalties, bankrupt you and all sorts of other shit you don't want to be dealing with.

Either way though, congratulations. Hope it all works out for the best.
Follow this mans advise

It could be the cleverest thing you'll ever do
frigginjerk
UG's Friggin' Jerk
1,160 IQ
^ true dat

i've heard of companies that will gets excited young bands to sign away the rights to record their music, and then the label just keeps them on the shelf until they think they might need a band like ______.

What happens is that many of those bands get forgotten by the label, but if they try to sign with a new company or anything like that, the first label pops back up and says "oh no... we have the rights to these guys... maybe if you buy us out for the price of, oh, say... all the money you have...."
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
Congratulations man!
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
well done duee, nice to see a UG'er getting places rather than just the internet
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
CoolDudeMorgasm
1,668 IQ
I'm proud for you buddy, I'll buy your CD if I see it.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff