Now, I am starting to get decent at it. I have four string sweeps down pretty fast, but I am having trouble getting into diffrent positions, aside from just like exersice positions, like...

-12-----------------------------15---
-----13---------------------14-------
---------14------------13------------
-------------15----12----------------
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

How can I improve on this?

EDIT
I dont think it was really clear was I am getting at. I mean stuff like that is easy for me, but I am having trouble getting more complex positions down like...

-------------12---------------12-
---------12--------------13------
-----14--------------12----------
-15--------------14--------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
Last edited by get-born at Jan 22, 2007,
use a metronome, and play at a speed until you get good, then sweep at a slightly faster pace, and so on and so forth.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yeh i agree, use a metronome, and set it at a certain speed that you can play a certai sweeping pattern perfect at, then increase the speed gradually til you can sweep it as fast as you feel you need to
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I agree with the others. Practice makes perfect!
Oh, and is that second example from an Avenged Sevenfold son? It looks familiar...
(N.B: the only reason I think this is because Total Guitar tabbed it a while back, and I learnt it, but I even learn the Green Day in there, so...)
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
use bar chord positions its a good next step after the three and four string technics you already have under your belt.

--------------------------------
GEAR
1972 LP
Ibanez AG85
taylor bigbaby
epiphone DOT
DBL neck epiphone SG
EPiphone LP
12 string Fender
12 string 1965 mayfair
squire mini
squire strat