hi yea i had a marshall mg100dfx (dont laugh lol) and as it recently ceased working, im considering a new amp. when i was getting my new guitar i heard a tsl602 and im wonderin if this is a good choice for me, or if there are others i should look at. im not restricted to just a combo, maybe consider a head an small cab. anyways my main styles of music are kyuss, led zeppelin, metallica sometimes, mastodon etc, so i need a versatile amp around those music tastes. also...no fenders please lol. i also hav a boss me-50 so if that helps. and a tube amp please and i havnt really a set budget, but the tsl seemed like a good boundary price wise. thanks in advance
Real men don't need sigs.
I prefere the Dsl over the Tsl, the tsl seems to be very muddy. what you could do (so Im told) is change the speaker of the Marshall to a Celestion GT12-75 and it would make a BIG difference! and stil wouldnt be as expensive!!
Quote by dgervin839
hi yea i had a marshall mg100dfx (dont laugh lol)

LOL

seriously though
i'd go for it, its a pretty decent amp & will get you a pretty sweet tone
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
thanks, but will it suit my styles? yea th dsl looks good too, but what about power and all, is it suitable for gigging? and what dsl model? of course ill be trying them out, but any pointers? also vox was another company a was looking at, preferably th ac series, what do u think?
What's wrong with fender amps lol?

I personally am not a fan of them either but don't just rule them out!
The Fender Hot Rod Deville is "The Sex" for bluesy-rock when cranked!

I'm guessing by your music tastes though you'd be into more distorted tones.
Why not check out a Peavey? The 5150 is awesome!
the DSL or the 5150 as was just reccomended would be great for more "metal" styles. im sure if you mess about with the settings the DSL could suit lesser gain stuff
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
thanks every1! anyone know about a vox ac30? an are they hard to find in n.ireland? sorry for all th questions, but im in crisis without an amp lol. also th 5150 is a bit out of my price range, but if anyone can find a cheap 1 i will be grateful
BTW the DSL will suit your style, like, perfectly. Marshall tube amps are the harley's of the amp world, and the dsl's and tsl's are better suited for higher gain stuff, like yourself. Also, the mids are immense, great for classic rock. The AC30 is pretty damn cool too, theres sound clips on the vox website, go have a look.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

i dont think a Vox AC-30 would be a good fit for you, but try one anyway, id go with either the DSL or the high gain laney model.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Laney GH50L and a cab.

Awesome 50watt valve amp which is built better than marshalls and doesn't use diode clipping for distortion like marshalls do.