I want to know if these perfect/reletive pitch courses really work? and if they are hard or what? Is it even possible to gain perfect pitch? I used to think u had to be very young to develope it and/or born with it.

Here is what seems to be the biggest company that sells these courses.
http://www.perfectpitch.com/
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
It's possible to get close to perfect pitch by practice i think, but im pretty sure in order to be perfect you have to be born with it
What are you... some stalker?
It's not training you to develope perfect pitch, just better relative pitch.

Individuals with perfect pitch usually have a hard time identifying a song if it's in a different key than what they originally heard.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Didn't know that. I did know that it can make listening to imprecise musical styles (see: practically everything) really irritating.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
can someone define reletive pitch? Has anyne here acctually done one of these courses? What where the results? thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Relative pitch is recognizing a note based on it's relative position to a previous note heard or played, you can then recognize these intervals by name. Those with absolute or perfect pitch don't need a reference and they categorize notes separete from each other (which is why it's difficult for them to recognize a song played in a different key)

Edit: Fixed a few gramatical errors that could cause confusion.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Jan 22, 2007,