Im really stuck here in which one to buy. I have yet to play either, and i know ultimatley that will be the deciding factor, but does anyone know where i can buy the Cort? But i was set on purchasing a Menace for about 4 months now, but i saw the cort today and i fell in love. So does anyone own either one and has any experience theyd like to share?

Also, to avoid multiple posts, which one is better for metal, and EMG 60 or an EMG 85?
Matters... What type of sound your going for, but personal you should go test a guitar with the set up you want...
Well i usually play Atreyu, B4MV, Trivium, Sabbath, most moder/hard rock. I plan on putting the guitar in CGCFAD and ill be putting 12-52s on it. They are both set neck, and oh forget it. i just love the look of the cort so much, im gunna get that. And ive own a cort in the past, and it was a great guitar. very well built and it was cheap so im hoping this one is the same.

But on to another question, like stated above:

Which one is better for metal, and EMG 60 or an EMG 85?

and

What do YOU consider a thin neck, because i love a thin neck with the action as low as possible. And the Cort is 21mm thin and 43mm wide. is that small or is that thick?
i didnt like the LP menace all that much, it hass al though routing on it which screws up the sustain, and you can tell it was made for he hXc crowd. Its by no means a bad guitar and it sounds decent, and the one i played felt really nice. Never played the cort though so i cant comment on that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by toddpens8771

Also, to avoid multiple posts, which one is better for metal, and EMG 60 or an EMG 85?

They are both good for metal. I'm pretty sure James Hetfield used a 60 in his early Metallica days. Most modern metal guitarist go for the 81, 85 combination.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
They are both good for metal. I'm pretty sure James Hetfield used a 60 in his early Metallica days. Most modern metal guitarist go for the 81, 85 combination.

In the early days, Hetfield used passive pickups. When he first made the leap to EMG, he used dual EMG 81. He eventually switched to the EMG 60 and still uses the 81/60 combination in all his guitars today.

The 60 blows for metal since it's a low output pickups (compared to other EMG actives). Hetfield (and most others who use it) use it in the neck position for cleans. It also gives a nice, smooth, «creamy» lead tone when used with distortion.

I used to use the 81 / 85 combo for many years until I tried a 60. Now I've since switched to the 60 for the neck pickup in 3 of my 4 EMG-equipped guitars.,
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I stand corrected
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!