I much prefer ESP

but if i were you, try both out and make ur mind up urself
Depends what kinda of metal, what model and sound you're after. You're asking quite a vague question, try to be a bit more specific.
ESPs ar better for metal because they're much more expensive and high-end, but Jackson is better for price and people who want a good metal guitar, but don't want to drop 4000$ on one guitar.
The Kingdom of Salvation is lost
and I am left in the holocaust
Of deceit and lies
people say while looking in my eyes
Maybe they lie to fill the hole
left by the vacancy of their souls
For a man can only lie
after his soul has died.
Personally, I don't like import Jackson's. They feel cheap and for me, ESP has better overall quality.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by willpulman_172
ESP, but they're more expensive dependant on where you live.

u can say that again it cost me 1,200 for a LTD 1.
Yeah, Esps are better when it comes to metal, with the EMG's and stuff. Jacksons are good too and are for the cheaper metalheads but theyll do
... To be honest their both equally good... I mean look at Lamb of God they both play ESP and Jackson, so yeah there both just as good...

But I'd go with Jackson for more lead/shredding
this question is so stupid...since u cant compare a 300 $ esp to a 1000$ jackson..and vise versa......however ...i myself would go for esp because they have nice shapes and coz i dont know much about jacksons excpet that the pro items are the best.
Last edited by beero at Jan 22, 2007,
Edwards > ESP > Jackson

I love ESP's line of Edwards guitars, some of the most gorgeous makes I've seen.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
that question seems really odd, since its really a matter of opinion, I like jacksons but thats because I havn't had a chance to try out a esp, but esp seem to copy everyone elses designs so I like jacksons shapes more because they are more original, even though every company has its own superstrat...
Jackson Warrior XT
yamaha EG112
kustom 10FX
Line6 spiderII 75W
Boss MT 2
Boss noise suppressor
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Jackson imports are better then ltd 400s imo.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Jackson ftw
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by dragon_force
ESPs ar better for metal because they're much more expensive and high-end, but Jackson is better for price and people who want a good metal guitar, but don't want to drop 4000$ on one guitar.

Before you post, just think for a second.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Before you post, just think for a second.

Lol,
I read some of these and I'm amazed at the stupidity...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I'm going with ESP on this one.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I'd like to ask something to all the posters:

Have any of you actually played a real ESP? (not an LTD)
and
Have any of you actually played a USA Select Jackson? (not just a JS series, or a cheap Dinky)

Honestly, I doubt less than 1/4 of you have, thus making you opinions void.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I like Esp's over most Jacksons.
I only played about 2,3 Jacksons that i liked the feel of the neck but you just have to go out and play them yourself to find out what is best for you..
Quote by dragon_force

Do you even know what you just said?
Quote by Striketalonx
I'd like to ask something to all the posters:

Have any of you actually played a real ESP? (not an LTD)
and
Have any of you actually played a USA Select Jackson? (not just a JS series, or a cheap Dinky)

Honestly, I doubt less than 1/4 of you have, thus making you opinions void.

Yes, I have. And I based my opinion from experience, thank you. I've played some very nice Jacksons, no doubt, but I just like ESP.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Last edited by AtrumArx at Jan 22, 2007,
I've played and own/owned Japanese Jacksons and ESP LTD's. For the money the Jacksons are the better product IMO. Instead of the crappy (IMO) passive EMG's you get real Duncans, and the overall fit and finish just seemed much better then the LTD.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
Neither is better. It's a matter of opinion. This will always be debated and neither will win.

+666
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
Neither is better. It's a matter of opinion. This will always be debated and neither will win.

I agree.

I had a $2k PRS and it was a pile, had great tone but that was it. It was uncomfortable and I just couldn't play it for very long without hating it. On the other hand, I've got a 13 year old Jackson Dinky that I've beat the living crap out of and it is comfortable, has a great neck, and still works great.

So is a $2k PRS better than a $500 Jackson, in my case NO. But I know a few people that swear by PRS and hate the way my Jackson feels.

Unless we want the argument based on the actual quality of each little piece of the guitar, then this whole debate is subjective. There's no right answer in a subjective argument.

If you like your guitar, it feels comfortable to play, and you like the way it sounds... Well, that's the guitar for you whether it cost $500 or 2K
Last edited by Crownman at Jan 23, 2007,
Hmm...
It is a discussion about two guitars that I prefer....
I have a 1985 made kelly. It's my first guitar and I have it for7 years. I really love her . It had EMG 89 s and I changed it to dimarzio paf pro and evolution. I know that its weird but it s a matter of taste. US select Jacksons made in 90 s are really awesome, it s precise for shredding and they look great.

When I first tried ESP SV standard, I was in love. The neck is very similar to my kelly and it sounds great even though I dont really like EMG sound. And it looks great hehe. As a Michael Romeo fan, I also tried a M II and i really lived hard times when its owner told me that he had to go home and wanted his guitar back :p.

It really depends But I prefer to have some ESP s and some Jackons in my room than to choice haha It's like to have to choose between brunettes and latinas hehehe
I tried out an ESP DV8 (£2299) and a Jackson KV2T (£1899) and there was no noticable difference. Both are made of mahogany, have a SD JB in the bridge, a Jazz in the neck, locking tuners, string thru bodies, 24 frets. Apart from the available finishes, the only difference was that the DV8 has a little chunk missing in the back for people with a beer gut. I'd go for the Jackson, cos it's much cheaper and just as good imo.

But I couldn't afford either, so I shelled out for a Jackson RR5 (£750)
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by espliam
u can say that again it cost me 1,200 for a LTD 1.

£1200 for an LTD?

I believe you got majorly ripped off, as some of the more expensive ESPs (Alexi Laiho sig for example) come in at £1600 - £1700, and the LTD versions are around £700 - £900.

What model did you get, and from where?
R E G G A E
ive heard esp & jacksons (the high ends) are almost on par w/ each other.
its all debatible but ide go w/ jackson b/c they are cheaper ...
havent played a high end esp, ive played a USA Jackson
^again, my decision comes in pricing.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
i've played both and I'm gonna have to go with ESP on this one.

It is really really close.
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread