Not really sure if this is the right place to put this, but it seemed the most appropriate. I need either a backing track or midi file of Muse's Knights of Cydonia for my Music GCSE. I'm playing guitar so as long as the track has no guitar it'll be ok. I can also delete the guitar from a midi myself. The problem is, where can I get either of these?
try get guitar pro 5 on that u can take any instrument u want out of it. theyre only midi files but its better than nothing. i dont know if theres a way of putting the song onto a cd tho but u never know maybe there is a way.
I haven't got access to GuitarPro cos my demo copy expired. If there's no other way to do it then could someone upload a guitarless version of the GuitarPro file as an MP3?
Why don't you just do the other parts too? They're not that difficult. The drums are pretty straight forward and could be looped easy. I haven't listened to the bass that closely but I don't hear anything crazy going on there. The synths would be cool as guitar parts with weird effects on it.

You can do it. Be a musician...not just a guitarist. It will make you a better player.
I suppose it could be done with a bit of effort, I can play it on guitar, bass and drums anyway. I think the synth part it just E, B and A chords held with the synthesizer arpeggiating them. I'm gonna try that, but it does seem a bit of an immense song to take on as a first attempt.
Quote by TJ1991
I suppose it could be done with a bit of effort, I can play it on guitar, bass and drums anyway. I think the synth part it just E, B and A chords held with the synthesizer arpeggiating them. I'm gonna try that, but it does seem a bit of an immense song to take on as a first attempt.

Well, maybe it is a bit big for first time. I thought maybe you'd done this for awhile and just hadn't tried to go all out yet. I'm surprised you can't find that in MIDI. I haven't looked in a long damn time, but my wife used to have me find songs for her in MIDI so she could Karaoke.
Quote by ParanoiaMusic
Well, maybe it is a bit big for first time. I thought maybe you'd done this for awhile and just hadn't tried to go all out yet. I'm surprised you can't find that in MIDI. I haven't looked in a long damn time, but my wife used to have me find songs for her in MIDI so she could Karaoke.

I have looked and know there's a GuitarPro file widely available, but nothing compatible with Sibelius. I might be generally too ambitious, but now you mention it I would be quite keen on giving the whole thing a go.
Well if you decide to go for it, definitely post it. I love that song and would dig hearing your version of it.
I've got guitarpro 4 and can't afford an upgrade to 5, but I really need to be able to open Knights of Cydonia using it so I can just check some parts. Is there any way I can do this?