Even if it doesn't work, you have some spare parts to make a new one from.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
haha that's a slightly optimistic view.

would probably be looking to upgrade bits anyway.

i know nothing about bodys though. does alder carry a good tone?
It looks pretty nice. And that's cheap for buying a guitar, I'd probably get that sometime just to take apart and mess around with.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
that guitar wont go for 26 quid, at least 60!

ANYWAYS wesley guitars arent that bad. probs worth the cash if u ask me, but obv not as good as a more expensive guitar. stil okay to Fck about with tho!
I have a Wesley MEG 9212. £89 (Usually sells for about £160)
LP Knock Off, they were discontinued after a bit. Probably due to the body likeness. And were replaced with the Phoenix.
My second guitar, I don't have a clue what its made off. The sound isn't fantastic, but I actually prefer the feel of that thing over a Gibson. Alot smoother, the neck is less thick, unfortunately i've had to wood glue a half inch deep crack in the neck. Still feels great though.
I've never tried the strat but it's deffinately worth a look, alder is a good wood. =)
that would make a perfect project guitar...especially if you get it cheap.

maybe if it turns out good

you never really know, cause theres little 'gems' even in the worst guitars.
its gone up to 50 quid now so its starting to go out of my range as something just to play with.
just get it. and pimp it. i am getting ahold of a vintage 70s guitar built in USSR, which is completely shit for 30 dollars. im gonna make it into something, and will be my project after i finish the bullet (see sig)
the place where there made is bout 2 miles from me and i kinda know the guy (well my mum does) there alright my younger brother got a warlock style bass from there for bout £50 and its not really that bad for the money, there is a quite a bit of a buzz from the pick-ups though