Which amp is better the orange crush 30r or the marshall avt50????

Also what is the difference between tube amps and normal amps???
Quote by jackmen
Which amp is better the orange crush 30r or the marshall avt50????

Also what is the difference between tube amps and normal amps???

Tube amps are "normal" amps, they were first. The difference is that both the power and pre amps are powered by tubes, normal 6l6s or el84s for the power amp and 12ax7s for the pre amp. They generally sound better, clearer and are louder than transistor amps of the same wattage.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Thanks! What about my first question which do people prefer, any opinions will be appreciated.
Which is better to use as a doorstop or to haul at cows from high speed cars?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dont get a marshall avt.
i hear good tings about orange...is that orange crush a tube amp?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well i'd like to kknow which is better on a clean sound and which is better on distortion sound, please, sir.
No i dont think it is.

If im looking for a good distortion would i be better with a vox valvetronix
I'd say you would be better with the Vox yeh. The Roland Cube has good real high gain distortio but the other sounds aren't all that. Vox is all round good.
The Stuff!
So Vox is the way to go.(I don't really have a price limit). How good are behringer's??
Shite
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.