i thought you guys could help me up with some facts for my debate class and it can also be a fun topic i guess if you guys like to discuss

i have the following things to discuss

1. a bill sending 1500 more of our troops over to the middle east
2. a bill to make it mandatory to teach intelligent design and evolution in schools
3.a bill lowering the drinking age to 16 on alcohol lower than 15% per volume
4. a bill privatizing national forests

i have reasons for and against but the hard part for me is looking up facts to support my statements

my position on the issues are as follows

1.against
2.for
3.against
4.for

but you could always argue if you want but guys please try to put up some facts for me

so i can put some facts in my paper

any help is apreciated i tried researching some of it but is a little time consuming and im plagued with homework so help be really apreciated
This isn't Cross-ex is it? Is it public forum? Puff sucks, do policy
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

What ever side your on just say sos your face whenever the opposition says something, then ten minutes into the debate run out the room screaming.
Quote by stefan1988
i thought you guys could help me up with some facts for my debate class and it can also be a fun topic i guess if you guys like to discuss

i have the following things to discuss

1. a bill sending 1500 more of our troops over to the middle east
2. a bill to make it mandatory to teach intelligent design and evolution in schools
3.a bill lowering the drinking age to 16 on alcohol lower than 15% per volume
4. a bill privatizing national forests

i have reasons for and against but the hard part for me is looking up facts to support my statements

my position on the issues are as follows

1.against
2.for
3.against
4.for

but you could always argue if you want but guys please try to put up some facts for me

so i can put some facts in my paper

any help is apreciated i tried researching some of it but is a little time consuming and im plagued with homework so help be really apreciated

1. Sending 1,500 more troops to Iraq is like giving a single stitch to someone with a bullet wound. It does absolutely nothing to help the situation in any appreciable way.

2. I can't think of a "for" position because I'm staunchly against the influence of religious doctrine in our public schools.

3. Because it's just stupid. All you have to do to get as drunk as someone who's drinking alcohol of a higher percentage is drink more. I think it's encouraging binge drinking, personally.

4. Perhaps you could arrange something with private ownership where the owner is not allowed to clear cut or in any way substantially alter the forest, but is allowed to charge for access to the forest in order to pay for maintenance and make a profit.

BTW, it's not really a matter of having "facts;" it's more just a measure of how persuasively you argue and how you can counter someone with a differing opinion logically.
Hi, I'm Peter
mass debate!
mass debate!
I agree with Dirk Gently - the way you put across your point will have as much effect on your audience as what you actually say. Try using counter arguments, which you can then destroy to make your point stronger.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i have no idea if these are lincol douglas debates my teacher gave us to us and i dont knwo what book she uses

thanks for the major help dirk

do any of you guys know where to get that picture of a woman that is almost deformed that they used to show to people not to drink and drive

any more help is appreciated
i can defend my point pretty well but i want to find a few facts to plug in there jsut so my teacher doesnt look at me liek a lazy bum

this is so far what i got for topic 3

A bill lowering the drinking age to 16 on alcohol lower than 15% per volume

Im against it because just because the alcohol has lower that15% doesn’t mean you cant get drunk with it basically what the bill is saying kids we are not going to let you buy tequila or whisky but you can buy 3 tons of alcohol that have less that 15% either way
The person can get drunk with and by having more drunk people in the street we are increasing the chances of accidents by having more accidents we are making the hospitals spend more by making hospitals spend more we are increasing the cost of health care by increasing cost of health care we are making less available for people the health care they may really need instead of spending on a dumb 16 year old that got drunk and crashed the money could have gone to a person that may have really problems and is a contributing member of society instead of an alcoholic
Make sure you posh the language up etc.
Also, I personally tend to keep my conclusion until nearer the end of the argument.
'...it is clear, therefore, that...'
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
If you can learn anything from family guy its to call anybody who disagrees gay. Just say only assjockys support that. It will change there minds.
any more facts guys? dirk is pretty muich the only guy that helped me lol

but i appreciated the help from you guys