Mm'kay. Well, for the past few weeks I've been testing all of these MIDI Sequencers, and other things such as Sonar 6, Sony Soundforge (Not that I know how they work) etc because the Internet has proved to be totally useless when it comes to providing backing tracks. I have been told Cubase is what I need, but, you know, I'm not forking out $400 or w/e for a few simple backing tracks. What I'm asking is if anyone knows of a solid, free tool similar to Cubase so I may create backing tracks? Or... some "alternative" way to obtain Cubase?
its not the best, but www.Make-Your-Own-Karaoke.com has some decent software which basically removes vocals but I found it removes the lead guitar as well(*ok, bit untrue there, it makes them dead quiet)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I'm trying to be cheap here, I'm not willing to pay any money.
Quote by Zuka
I'm trying to be cheap here, I'm not willing to pay any money.

then limewire something if you must
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I just make my backing tracks with Guitar Pro or my keyboard(which I can record loops), saves me a lot of trouble.
bootleg fruity loops, thats the easiest way to make backing tracks, becaus it has pretty much everything you need, for stuff like Sonar you either need all of the instruments and a mixer, or a crapload of sampler/plugins. Oh and Cubase is just like Sonar only nowhere near as good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm