Anybody?

That sound rips through you leaves you shattered between two sonic soundwaves. Do any of you know how I could do that? and if so, do you know how I could get that sound using an interface for recording purposes?
Sonic sound? You mean...sound sound? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yeah, not sure what you mean
could you give us a guitarist or something that has this sonic sound?
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Sonic youth, Dinosaur jr, mudhoney...well that whole grunge scene to be honest. One of their most definable features was there use of sonic sound...its a guitar effect..not really sure how to explain it really...just sonic sounding..
hm..maybe.. I'll have a look.

Actually that sounds bout right actually perhaps with a pedal too to increase and decrease it.

Thanks dude
Feedback???Thats more like it I think....Flanger doesnt "Rip through your ears" last time I checked... :P:
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by moup
I was just wondering, because someone brought up feedback.... what are some goods ways to get feedback? All I can get is buzzing but I can't get that loud ppiercing feedback that Kurt can.
You're going to need to be really loud. With some fooling around, you should be able to get some cool feedback.
also, lot's of distortion always helps on the feedback
...And the worms ate into his brain.
thanks guys

Think it might be a combination of the two...recently saw dinosaur jr. perform in london and J Mascis used a lot of it. But seemed to just hit one of his pedals and his guitar seemingly soared and woke up god
No im not talking bout harmonics of any kind..Have you ever listened to sonic youth, dino jr. pumpkins, mudhoney or perhaps the creators of sonic music-the Velvet underground?

its like that
I'm going to agree that your looking for controlling feedback. You need lots of gain to produce it at that level and it will take a little practice to be able to control it without it being annoying like it's supposed to be. Since I'm going to guess you are just doing this at home, crank the gain on your amp, try to keep your guitar relatively close, pluck an open string and turn up the volume until you hear it begin to feedback.

Once you've been able to make that happen, you can use either a volume pedal or the volume on your guitar to adjust how much impact it has. A lot of players have used this usually unwanted noise as an effect in their playing, such as Jimi Hendrix and Pete Townsend.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
I'm pretty sure there's some pedals that emulate the feedback noise?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
do you mean when you bend say on the B string a full step and play the same note on the e string above? if you dont get the notes exactly right you can hear the two notes going back and forth and it sounds kinda cool. you could add virbrato to the bent note as well for a scream type sound.
Quote by pickup
Sonic youth, Dinosaur jr, mudhoney...well that whole grunge scene to be honest. One of their most definable features was there use of sonic sound...its a guitar effect..not really sure how to explain it really...just sonic sounding..

Sonic sound is redundant. It's called something else, probably some sort of modulation effect.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
i would like to point out that MANY things effect feedback, reverb can and will assist in it, as will volume and gain/distortion. also the hotter your pickups are the better it will pickup. the wavelength produced by the feedback is generally determined by your string gauge and eq settings. i use low gauge strings and when i pull back on my highs and crank my lows and a little on my mids then i will get a lower range feedback. ALSO depending on where you stand in relationship to your amp will give you a different pitch of feedback.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
do you mean when you bend say on the B string a full step and play the same note on the e string above? if you dont get the notes exactly right you can hear the two notes going back and forth and it sounds kinda cool. you could add virbrato to the bent note as well for a scream type sound.

I think it may be more what this guy is saying...can you give me a demo somehow?
REFFERING TO THE THREAD-STARTER:
When he does that,then the track kicks in?I mean its like:"zzzzZZZZZMMMMooiuauauauUAUUAUUAu PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING" and then "Taratatatan toupa toupa toupa I love you bitch tourourumm"....Get the point???
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
This thread is quite confusing

A fuzz pedal prehaps? Sonic sound isnt a very good description.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!