ok i just received a guitar in the mail a jacksonDX10.. i have yet to change the strings yet. till i finish a setup. but i noticed i have a bow in the neck. and it is causing my three high strings to buzz will explain next to each string below, right not it has tens on i plan to put 9s.. it was way outta tune when i got it. also it has a floyd on it..

all of this happens from the 12th fret all the way to the body
3g buzzes a little from 12th fret on fine when open string
2b dead note only when fretted fine when open
1e semi dead when fretted fine when open.

i have since raised the action high enough to were it dont do it at all..

when i look down the neck it is bowed the middle of the neck is bowed so its like a u shape..would that be causing the problems i am having with dead notes and buzzing

any help would be awesome thanks..

P.S hope it makes sense i work 3rd shift and have not been to bed yet...lol
my advice would be get a pro setup, the way it came to you sounds nasty.

truss rod is not tight enough if it is letting the neck bow(dont ask me how to sort it, i have no clue how to myself)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
If you can see a "bow" across the neck as in parallel to the frets then that's normal, most fretboards have a curved radius. The truss rod affects the relief of the neck along it's length, not width.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you can see a "bow" across the neck as in parallel to the frets then that's normal, most fretboards have a curved radius. The truss rod affects the relief of the neck along it's length, not width.

im talking when you look down the neck... its bowed away from the center strings
That's not a bow, that's just the curve of the fretboard, nothing to worry about, it's normal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok well i changed strings and that took care of the dead notes and just minor buzzing now..
I own a Ibanez Rg series 370 and I'm experiencing fret buzz It's only on the 2nd and 3rd string around the 2nd and 3rd fret i think this has something to do with the floating tremelo set up? 4th 5th and 6th strings seem fine with no buzz at all. I don't wanna mess with anything on the bridge yet until i'm sure that this is the problem. Maybe if i restring it with a new set?
Last edited by rezattac at Jan 28, 2007,
Quote by rezattac
I own a Ibanez Rg series 370 and I'm experiencing fret buzz It's only on the 2nd and 3rd string around the 2nd and 3rd fret i think this has something to do with the floating tremelo set up? 4th 5th and 6th strings seem fine with no buzz at all. I don't wanna mess with anything on the bridge yet until i'm sure that this is the problem. Maybe if i restring it with a new set?

You could just raise the tremolo on the side of the strings that are buzzing using the studs height.
Yeah raise your action a hair and re-tune and test. Make sure you can bend up a full step everywhere on the neck cleanly without a note dying. At least thats what I do!