What is the difference between the Laney LC-30 II and the Laney VC-30 112? From what I see they are both 30-watt Class A valve amps. Both 12 inch speakers and both with 2 channels and FX loop.

Can anybody shed any light on the difference?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
They're different amps?

Just cos they have the same basic features doesn't mean it's the same amp. I mean, a Peavey Valveking is a 50 watt, 2 channel, class A valve amp with 12 inch speakers. Is it the same?

I think the VC is more vintage flavoured and has less gain. There's a difference.
Yes, but Peavey is a completely different make. What I was on about was 2 amps from the same company that shared the same features and I couldn't find out which tubes each of them used. No need to be an ass about it, but cheers for the info.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
i know the VC-30 is more like a VOX ac-30, less gain, and voiced to a more british style tone. i have never heard the lc-30 so i dont know, but im pretty sure they are voiced differently.

go to the Laney page

www.laney.co.uk/

they have the same tubes, the v-30 has celestian drivers, but overall the same tubes and speakers,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Thanks.
ohhh, i got it, the lv-30 is two channels. The vc-30 is, like i said, like the ac-30, its only got one channel. So its harder to break up, more vintage, youll have to crank the volumes and get the tubes super hot to get a wicked crunch. THe EQ's are probably different as well, and they will sound completely different just becuase of the single to 2 channel difference,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
It says on the Laney website both have 2 channels? OH well cheers for the info anyway.
They sound different.

The VC is more of a classic, light gain amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30