Anyone know if they sell these in England? If so where and for about how much?

Thanks!
Funny words.
They're not really worth it in the UK as Peaveys are so overpriced.

Look at some Laneys (VH100r would be nice).
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
the old peavey 5150s, before the EVH logo ones were amazing, they are pretty hard to get though, youd have to order im sure,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
That Laney is £600....I thought the 5150's would be cheaper than that, I don't know why I had my hopes up for a decent tube amp under £500
Funny words.
Quote by ark
the old peavey 5150s, before the EVH logo ones were amazing, they are pretty hard to get though, youd have to order im sure,

I always thought Van Halen always used the number 5150. Even one of Van Halen's album was called 5150. So I think all 5150 amps were Eddie Van Halen amps.
Yeah, all 5150's are Van Halen amps. The 6505's arent coz hes left Peavey although there the same amp, just different name.

If your REALLY lucky, you might pick up a 5150 combo for about £600. New the 6505 combos are about a grand. Do you really want a combo? Coz I'd seriously recommend going for a secondhand 5150 head and a secondhand Marshall 4x12.
Again, if your luck you might pick up a head and cab on ebay for about £700 for both. The combos are the heaviest amps I've ever lifted, they weigh almost as much as a 4x12 and head. killer on the back.
Coz the 5150's arent in production any more there commanding biger prices now. Ive seen Block logo heads go for about £700 recently.
It'd be a lot cheaper if you bought used on eBay and got it shipped; definitely less than new, but I don't know how much it'd turn out to be in your currency.
Quote by Guitar Guy21
I always thought Van Halen always used the number 5150. Even one of Van Halen's album was called 5150. So I think all 5150 amps were Eddie Van Halen amps.

yup they are his amp, but there were versions previous ones with just the EVH block letters, instead of the signature logo they use now, and those ones were different and IMO super awesomely better, especially in the combo format.

VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by ark
yup they are his amp, but there were versions previous ones with just the EVH block letters, instead of the signature logo they use now, and those ones were different and IMO super awesomely better, especially in the combo format.

Erm, i'm pretty sure there was no difference other than the original block letter heads had better factory valves than the signature heads. They command more money because they are less common.

There was actually a precursor to the 5150 (ie/ Not EVH's sig amp) that was fairly similar but the 5150 replaced it. I forget the name.
I've heard peavey amps break down a lot in Europe because they're made in the US. The voltage thingie is adjusted when their shipped, but not the hertz.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by Kailoq
I've heard peavey amps break down a lot in Europe because they're made in the US. The voltage thingie is adjusted when their shipped, but not the hertz.

No. Amps distributed by Peavey in the UK/Europe/wherever are designed to run on the voltages of the country in which they are distributed. Why on Earth would Peavey build the amp for US voltage and then modify that amp to correspond with the designated country's power rating?

They wouldn't of course, they build it to the correct power thingy in the first place.

However, i could see that problems could occur with a US Peavey that has been imported and then modified by a 3rd party.

The previous owner of my 5150 (who furiously gigged it) and myself have never experienced problems of this kind and mine was from a UK batch of Peavey's.
Quote by codybcool
No. Amps distributed by Peavey in the UK/Europe/wherever are designed to run on the voltages of the country in which they are distributed. Why on Earth would Peavey build the amp for US voltage and then modify that amp to correspond with the designated country's power rating?

They wouldn't of course, they build it to the correct power thingy in the first place.

However, i could see that problems could occur with a US Peavey that has been imported and then modified by a 3rd party.

The previous owner of my 5150 (who furiously gigged it) and myself have never experienced problems of this kind and mine was from a UK batch of Peavey's.

Well, I don't know much (read nothing at all) about how amps work, but the technician is pretty trustworthy (and he knows his stuff, he talks about it and explains things, unlike some technicians do). He told me the thingy they used to change the volt was an alternator (or attunator or something like that). But the hertz thingie is the fundamental of the amp and acording to him they left it like that.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by codybcool
Erm, i'm pretty sure there was no difference other than the original block letter heads had better factory valves than the signature heads. They command more money because they are less common.

There was actually a precursor to the 5150 (ie/ Not EVH's sig amp) that was fairly similar but the 5150 replaced it. I forget the name.

that might be it, but i know for sure that i've played one prior to the 5150 evh signatures and they were a lot less buzzy, and had a lot more clarity. I was pretty sure it was the EVH block letter ones though.

VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville