Hello, its my birthday soon and i need a new guitar but im not sure what to get. I play quite a wide range of music including indie, rock and metal. I want a decent guitar which i can play these types of music on and for it to sound decent. I also want a guitar which I can do pinch harmonics on, so I need something with screechy pickups. I have about £500 for a budget. Ive been thinking about a fender strat (Mexican), but I wasn't sure whether i would be able to do pinch harmonics and metal stuff with it.
Quote by Stratwizard
Epiphone Les Paul?

Nah my mate has one, i dont really like it to be honest.
id say u get a ibanez rg.
its a really good guitar for metal hard rock type things.
500 is enough to get u one with a floyed rose.
wich is fun as heck to mess with nd go crazy with.
id recomend one for sure.
or the gibson the white les paul just couse it looks cool =)
its not the guitar that can do pinches, its the player, i can do pinches on an acoustic, or a bass.

but you want a guitar with hot pups, they facilitate pinches. but a good amp does too.

i would suggest a Washburn X50 pro. i believe they are about 350 pounds there. and will do what you want.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
id say u get a ibanez rg.
its a really good guitar for metal hard rock type things.
500 is enough to get u one with a floyed rose.
wich is fun as heck to mess with nd go crazy with.
id recomend one for sure.
or the gibson the white les paul just couse it looks cool =)

Im gonna agree. My rg wails every time. Trust me, this guitar can do anything
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Stratwizard
Okay, how about a HSS Strat?

Yeah thats the one i was thinking about. Anyone got any experience of one?
Ive just seen the 60th anniversary fender strat and ive got to say its absoloutely stunning. What do you think. Its a standard strat, and the price seems unbelievably cheap at only £370, is standard the worst type of strat or something?

Link
Quote by gtdude114
Im gonna agree. My rg wails every time. Trust me, this guitar can do anything

Ok what type of ibanez rg do you think i should get?
I purchased my 60th anniversary strat just a few months ago and I love it...I was debating on whether to get that or a PRS SE CUSTOM....but the 60th anniversary is what I felt most comfortable with.
You said you play indie as well as metal, so i would definetely say a strat is your best bet, ibanez rg's are great and all, but they're really cookie cutter guitars, everyone has one, plus, the strat has a sick clean tone. Oh yes, i also had the good fortune of actually finding a good b.c. rich, it's a mockingbird, and its in your price range, its new so i cant really post a picture, but it has sum insane Rockfield pickups, very nice les paul like tone, it would definetely fit yur needs very well, i believe they've got them at Guitar Center now
PRS guitars are amazing. and standard guitars are, well, standard.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!