im not sure if this thread goes here, but ill put it here anyhoo

how do you get the vocals to come through as the guitar, like in the solo of 'harder better faster stronger' by daft punk? i think its used in 'muscle museum' by muse as well.

any help is appreciated
Quote by duncang
They're just like EEEEEEeeo. EEEeeo. EEEEEEEEo. oo. o.

I like commas
I don't know the song, but perhaps you're describing a talk box? Where it sounds like the singer's voice is done with guitar sounds? This is used in the Weezer song Beverly Hills, as well as lots of other places (Peter Frampton was famous for using it).
Quote by Phorgot
what part of muscle museum was it (time-wise)?

3:18 onwards. i don't think that's his actual voice.
Quote by duncang

I like commas
That talkbox thing is probably it. Thanks for the help
Quote by duncang

I like commas
It's not a talk box on muscle museum. Matt bellamy sings through a distorted marshall to get that sort of sound... like a a guitar.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
i thougth he just screamed into his marshall cabinet and used the speaker as a mic? Thi kning back on that it doesn't make a whole lot of technical sense, so i'm probably wrong. I know on stage he has a dedicated vocal processor for all those wierd voice things, like muscle museum, and some reverb and chorus and etc.
Yeah he has his mike hooked upto a floor pod and then into a distorted marshall amp. Flicked it to distorted on Muscle museum and most of the vocals on The Small Print
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.