Page 1 of 3
I'm on my school's wrestling team and I have the potential to go far, but before a match, I get really nervous and feel like I'm under a microscope. I get all scared and intimidated and I can't be my overly dominant self like I am in practice. If I listen to music that gets me pumped before a match, I somewhat come out of my negative mindset and and do very well.

But.

All the songs I used to listen to aren't doing the job anymore. They are either very cliche or I overplay them.

That's where you come in. I need you to give me songs and artists that you think will do it for me.

I like upbeat, and powerful songs that are good for getting pumped up.

I like pretty much any kind of rock that is not in any way, shape, or form affiliated with rap or like music. I like softer metal, but not the Lamb of God, satan-is-doing the vocals metal. I like lots of revival, such as Wolfmother and Jet. I don't care if it's 60's,70's,80's, grunge, hard rock, nu-metal, or MTV Mainstream; or anything in between. If it fits my musical taste, I'll probably like it. I also love songs like More Than a Feeling by Boston and Any Way You Want It by Journey that are strong and powerful, if you know what I mean. Base your suggestions off the examples listed below:

This is pretty much what I listen to:

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Avenged Sevenfold
Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Bon Jovi
Boston
Def Leppard
Disturbed
Godsmack
Grand Funk Railroad
Journey
Korn
The Kinks
The Knack
Led Zeppelin
Lynard Skynard
Nirvana
Peter Frampton
Pink Floyd
The Arctic Monkeys
The Raconteurs
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
Something Corporate
Static-X
Taking Back Sunday
Trapt
Wolfmother

I also like a lot of grunge stuff, but I havent downloaded any yet and I don't feel like thinking of the band names right now...i'm talkin the Tool, Primus, Nirvana stuff...

As you can tell, I need some new music pretty bad.
Headstrong - Trapt easy
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
I don't care what you listen to, use "Pursuit of Vikings" by Amon Amarth. The intro alone is enough to make you want strangle a bear.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Very old Fleetwood Mac - Someone's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight

Or give up wrestling and start synchronised swimming.
ok. this is off subject, but you said you dont like anything to do with rap. buddy, did you kno Korn is rap-like. it is also affiliated with rap. all the people in the twisted transistor video were huge rap stars.
but here's a song for you: master of puppets by metallica. or just anthing they made thats pre black album
Eye of the Tiger?
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Quote by gtdude114
Headstrong - Trapt easy

already listening

but you got the right idea
"Angel of Death" - SLAYER
"Raining Blood" - SLAYER
"You've Got Another Thing Comin" - Judas Priest
"Breakin The Law" - Judas Priest
"Hell Bent For Leather" - Judas Priest
"We're Not Gonna Fall" - Children of Bodom
"Whiplash" - Metallica
"Heatseeker" - AC/DC
"Shoot To Thrill" - AC/DC
"Blacklist" - Exodus
blitzkrieg bop by the ramones
eye of the tiger(cliche i know, but beat the **** out of something while listening to that and tell me your not pumped....)
party hard by andrew wksome led zepplin, maybe whole lotta love or the immigrant song
listen to anything remotley related to henry rollins, or just look at a picture of the guy, infact try look like him, put up posters of him everywhere
look into some wrestling entrance themes, like stonecolds, or triple h, triple hs is the game by motorhead, and for disturbed did stonecolds for a while
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
Cheesy, but eye of the tiger lol.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
groping a man in leotard by wrestling is gay
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Since you don't want like metal or anything, I'll see if these might appeal to you...

Nickelback - Next Contestant
Nonpoint - Bullet With A Name On It
Papa Roach - Dead Cell
Rage Against The Machine - Guerilla Radio
Rise Againt - Drones --- If you can't get jacked up by this song, well...
Disturbed - The Game
Thousand Foot Krutch - Art Of Breaking -OR- Move

Try those
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Gummy Balls
groping a man in leotard by wrestling is gay

Hey man, wrestling is not gay. I beat the kid who one states. Wrestling is sure straighter than having "Gummy Balls" as a username and having a bannre that says "lick me."
These tracks might not be what you are looking for, but they will certainly pump you up:

Hip Hop - Dead Prez
The Cause Of Death - Immortal Technique
Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast
A Day At The Races - Jurassic 5
Proteck Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - Wu-Tang Clan
What A Waster - The Libertines
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - Arcade Fire
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Encore - Jay-Z (The Danger Mouse mix, can be found on 'The Grey Album')
Quote by _Mayday_
These tracks might not be what you are looking for, but they will certainly pump you up:

Hip Hop - Dead Prez
The Cause Of Death - Immortal Technique
Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast
A Day At The Races - Jurassic 5
Proteck Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - Wu-Tang Clan
What A Waster - The Libertines
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - Arcade Fire
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Encore - Jay-Z (The Danger Mouse mix, can be found on 'The Grey Album')

no. rap is an embarrassment to music and art.
Quote by halfback_712

You're an idiot. I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why, it should be fairly evident.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Atreyu - Ex's and Oh's
Glassjaw - Ape Dos Mil
Incubus - Anna Molly
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Rock 'N' Roll Soldiers - Funny Little Feeling
Rock 'N' Roll Soldiers - Anthem
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Mercy Drive - Burn In My Light

That's all that I can think of for now.
Quote by halfback_712

Despite having a terrible, judgmental and ignorant attitude towards other genre's, you don't even have the fucking courtesy to thank me for making that list. I'll have you know that it took me some time, and the knowledge that you clearly didn't read the whole fucking list saddens me, as it's not entirely made of rap.

Next time you make a thread, be thankful for the responses you get, you cunt.
slayer and drones by rise against is definitely workin for me. thanks guys and keep it up.
Quote by _Mayday_
Despite having a terrible, judgmental and ignorant attitude towards other genre's, you don't even have the fucking courtesy to thank me for making that list. I'll have you know that it took me some time, and the knowledge that you clearly didn't read the whole fucking list saddens me, as it's not entirely made of rap.

Next time you make a thread, be thankful for the responses you get, you cunt.

thank you sweetie
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Electric Six - Gay Bar

I clicked this thread for the sole reason of posting that song. Thanks for ruining it for me. Ill switch it up with the village people, They always get me pumped up for when I am about to be rolling on the floor with a man in tight little one pieces trying to hold him down.
A couple of of songs from the bands u listen to:
"Coming Undone"- Korn
"Give It All"- Rise Agaisnt
"Thunderstruck" - AC/DC (not sure about this one, gets me pumped up for gym though)
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Quote by halfback_712
Hey man, wrestling is not gay. I beat the kid who one states. Wrestling is sure straighter than having "Gummy Balls" as a username and having a bannre that says "lick me."

It's not a contest

Gloria Gaynor - I will survive
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by halfback_712
not the Lamb of God, satan-is-doing the vocals metal.

thats exactly who i was gonna recommend.

Try some Pantera or Slayer if you want some heavy stuff without extreme vocals. Or maybe Man In The Box by Alice In Chains.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by halfback_712

Dosent look gay to me....
Quote by Xerothunder
You're an idiot. I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why, it should be fairly evident.

+1
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by gsr2k6

Dosent look gay to me....

you don't even know what the guy on top is doing; you just assume its gay. He just got 2 points for a takedown and now he has in a power-half nelson. He's covering up his opponents hips so he can't escape or get a reversal. He's going to take the half, run it around his head, release his left arm, and by now he should have his opponent on his back and getting backpoints. He will grab his opponents other arm to keep him from getting up and lift his head so that his shoulder blades are more visible to the official (if your shoulder blades are on the ground, your pinned.)

pshh wrestling is gay...you dont even understand it but you criticize it
Quote by halfback_712
you don't even know what the guy on top is doing; you just assume its gay. He just got 2 points for a takedown and now he has in a power-half nelson. He's covering up his opponents hips so he can't escape or get a reversal. He's going to take the half, run it around his head, release his left arm, and by now he should have his opponent on his back and getting backpoints. He will grab his opponents other arm to keep him from getting up and lift his head so that his shoulder blades are more visible to the official (if your shoulder blades are on the ground, your pinned.)

pshh wrestling is gay...you dont even understand it but you criticize it

I know what it looks like he's doing and it doesn't look straight to me
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
thats not even wrestling lol, idk what the hell that is and i've never seen it before. and for the first picture, I'd like to see you on the bottom and get put in that move he's doing and see how painful it is. I can guarantee you won't think it's "gay" anymore.
Page 1 of 3