Does anyone know how different (if any difference) an Ibanez neck and an Epi T-Birds neck is?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Ibanez necks are MUCH thinner, both width-wise and profile-wise. Dare I ask why you want to know?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Ibanez necks are about as thin and fast as they get. The Thunderbird neck will be wider and thicker because it's not a shred guitar Best thing to do is play one at Guitar Center.
I've played Ibanez and Gibson basses. I have to say, Gibson make possibly the widest necks I have ever played on a bass, and Ibanez among the slimmest.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Ibanez necks are MUCH thinner, both width-wise and profile-wise. Dare I ask why you want to know?

Im thinking about getting a T-bird, but their isnt a dealer around here . So i figured I would see the difference so I would know what Im getting in to.

Since the T-bird necks are "MUCH thicker", could you people give me some basses that are about $300-350?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by silentdob
Im thinking about getting a T-bird, but their isnt a dealer around here . So i figured I would see the difference so I would know what Im getting in to.

Since the T-bird necks are "MUCH thicker", could you people give me some basses that are about $300-350?

Where do you live? I have a Thunderbird I'm looking to sell.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Do you wanna get banned again?

Ibanez necks are uber thin and I think the T-birds neck is fairly chunky never played one though just what I heard.

Tbirds are very thick and Ibanez are much thinner. I have played both, and prefer Ibanez. There's a noticeable difference in weight as well.

Since I am of the small hands, its much easier for me to negotiate the Ibanez neck than the typical Epi / Gibsons.
^ Yeah I've never even played them I took one look at them at the store and then looked at the price tag and turned around and just walkied away. Didn't even know anything about bass at the time just innately knew. Now my dislike has just grew with the knowledge of the details. Oh and by the way nice job on the New Years Resolution a big improvement over last year.
Yes, I thought of you when I wrote my politically correct, new year's resolution keeping response . No more Epi / Gibson bashing. I have risen above my personal prejudices and have become enlightened.
Last edited by anarkee at Jan 24, 2007,
BC Rich comes to mind...
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Well but when you get higher end BC's are quite decent Gibsons mostly don't. (the newer ones anyway I think some of the older ones are decent.)

The higher end BC Rich basses cost way too much for what they are. As do Gibson basses.

I would never buy a Gibson instrument. They are exceedingly overpriced, and QC has gone down the tubes. It's a much better bet to buy an Epiphone and modify it these days.

Even Epiphone isn't that great, but it's not bad, either. I don't care what anyone says, I love my Epi Thunderbird. It sounds great, I like the neck (big hands), and it's built like a tank. Helps that I got it for almost nothing on trade-in, too

That said, I'm likely selling it to raise funds for a new Ibanez ATK 305.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
That said, I'm likely selling it to raise funds for a new Ibanez ATK 305.

There's so much hype about the ATKs they're gonna sell out really fast, I suspect. I'm hoping to bag a five as well.
Quote by canadianpunk071
Where do you live? I have a Thunderbird I'm looking to sell.

I live in North Carolina...

Either way, Im pretty sure that Im gonna get a Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP. Comments?
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by silentdob
I live in North Carolina...

Either way, Im pretty sure that Im gonna get a Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP. Comments?

Well, piss. Although I'm driving to NC come summer lol.

I highly recommend the Peavey. Good construction, great sound and feel for the price.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

^ Sweet. Ill definatley have to check into it before I buy it, but if I cant, Im sure Ill be happy with it.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/