Ok I got threw like 25% of the song to the part where it first starts shredding. But problem is......I cant do it. I know what way of shredding and thats tapping but people dont do it that way (what i seen from videos). I want to know what to do with both hands and fingers. Please help! And How do people make their guitar scream like that on certain notes?

I know telecasters are not for speed but i have to make due...
I can play that song, and It took me like two and a half years (with experience already) to learn to play the whole thing, especially the sweeping part. The only recomendation i have for you is to download the power tab of it, so you can see what notes are hit when. After that you just have to be very, very fast, and have alot of stamina (physical).

The screams are full note bends combined with pinch harmonics.
Not Enough AssHatery
the way they make their guitars "scream" on certains notes is called a pinch harmonic, its when you pick a string and immediatly hit it with your thumb on your pickhand. it takes practice but once you get it it sounds awesome... look it up.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
Most of the shredding he does is just sweep picking. He also does a few tapping parts. As far as the squeal, pinch harmonics. There are plenty of sweep picking exercises out there that will help you with that if you want.
Seems like you're better off learning some easier stuff and working on your technique before trying to master this song no offense meant, there's just no point to try tackling something way above your current skill level
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Seems like you're better off learning some easier stuff and working on your technique before trying to master this song no offense meant, there's just no point to try tackling something way above your current skill level

seconded, I have a rough rule of thumb for virtuoso pieces like Canon Rock...if you have to ask how to play it then it's too hard for you. Props to the guy who learned it over 2 years, but it just shows how hard that piece is even for someone with experience. If you're not already familiar and competent with sweeping and speed runs, not to mention having a solid basic technique, then lower your sights a little. You could plug away at canon for 5 years and nail it, but you wouldn't be able to play anything else!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
why are so many ppl doing canon rock nowadays and posting on youtubes .. bleh there are much better solo's out there
Ahh, the song has been hideously overplayed and butchered to death.

Don't

If you don't know how to sweep pick or even do PH, don't bother trying Canon Rock yet.
it's this badass thing you are just born with. sorry duder.

haha no, if you want to learn how to shred, buy michael angelo batio's speed kills dvds
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything
^ but it still sucks. he just shows off non stop, which still sucks.

You either can shred or you can't.
if you belong to the latter, it's better to drop the guitar and just stop.

Play bass instead, they were also losers who couldn't play guitar.

J/K!!!!!!!!