hey guys i just 'came up' with a new guitar riff that sounds pretty much like it's probably already a song but i just can't name it and if it isn't then i'll use it but here it is if you guys know it.

These are all power chords by the way

G, B, C, D

That's it, you can probably figure out the strumming pattern if you know the song that i'm talkin about but if not then let me know thanks.

Strumming pattern is kinda like Gdown, Gdown, scratch, sctratch, Gdown, Gup, Gdown, Bdown, Bdown, scratch, sctratch, Bdown, Bup, Bdown, and so on.
Quote by Amped
hey guys i just 'came up' with a new guitar riff that sounds pretty much like it's probably already a song but i just can't name it and if it isn't then i'll use it but here it is if you guys know it.

These are all power chords by the way

G, B, C, D

That's it, you can probably figure out the strumming pattern if you know the song that i'm talkin about but if not then let me know thanks.

Strumming pattern is kinda like Gdown, Gdown, scratch, sctratch, Gdown, Gup, Gdown, Bdown, Bdown, scratch, sctratch, Bdown, Bup, Bdown, and so on.

No...I think you may be the only one who has played that.
Congratulations, now call Capitol Records.
Quote by demea
No...I think you may be the only one who has played that.
Congratulations, now call Capitol Records.

lol, damn, you beat me to it!!! but i agree, i think we may have an instant classic rock song here!
it's... i mean... you...

damnit i'm not nearly creative enough to think of something funny to say.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
It's jenious! How did you manage it?! The music theory that must be in your head, wow. Is that an inverted 7th I see there? It so beautifully compliments the diminished triad.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
My band have a song with those exact chords lol, It sound like this girl rock band who go on about "shes only 19, she doesnt need a boyfriend" etc..
Quote by The Ted
I just Google the power chords and got At the library by Greenday.

so there you go.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
The first four chords sound like Tourette by Nirvana.
myspace.com/codesterness

Member #2 of the "Racecar is Racecar Spelled Backwards" club PM I AM JE§US to join.

Pink Lover.
Any set of four power chords has probably been used already....

though judging by a lot of popular bands today, it doesn't really matter....
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
so i gave capitol a call and you guys'll be happy to know im signed WOOHOO!!!! but what i mean about the chords is that it sounds almost exactly like another song and i've got a lot of friends that have a problem with stealing other people's songs and sounding like other people (they're gay). thanks for the...um humor though, it was...nice
Okay guys. I'm assuming he gets the point.

And some people actually like power chords. A good majority of the most famous songs are composed of solely power chords, even though whether or not they deserve it is questionable.

In other words, stfu.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE