Hi, I already posted this in the Electric guitar forum but i dont seem to be getting any replies so I came here to see if I could get any replies. its my birthday soon and i need a new guitar but im not sure what to get. I play quite a wide range of music including indie, rock and metal. I want a decent guitar which i can play these types of music on and for it to sound decent. II have about £500 for a budget. Ive been thinking about a fender strat (Mexican).

Heres a couple of strats im interested in:

Link

60th anniversary fender strat - Ive got to say its absoloutely stunning. What do you think. Its a standard strat, and the price seems unbelievably cheap at only £370, is standard the worst type of strat or something?

Link
I prefer SSS configuration Strats, so I'd go with the 60th Anniversary.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
A standard strat is a mexican strat, that is the 60th anniversary mexican strat, and they are kinda the worst type of Fender Strat, but you can get some amazing ones. Try them out because quality control in Mexico ain't great.
The Stuff!
Quote by thyme
A standard strat is a mexican strat, that is the 60th anniversary mexican strat, and they are kinda the worst type of Fender Strat, but you can get some amazing ones. Try them out because quality control in Mexico ain't great.

Hmm...thanks, didnt know that, i think that will heavily influence my decision now.
try out a Michael Kelly Patriot if you can find one. they're only $400 brand new and play, look, and sound amazing! the pickups are custom PAF humbuckers but they can be coil-split for single coil sounds.

www.MichaelKellyGuitars.com
I don't like the soundslive.co.uk stickers on those guitars, get a highway one strat instead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I don't like the soundslive.co.uk stickers on those guitars, get a highway one strat instead.

theyre not stickers, theyre just logos to make sure the picture isnt stolen.
they put those in a bad spot if they dont want those stolen, i could remove that in less than 10 minutes.

i dont have photoshop on this computer, so dont ask me to do it
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by david_safc
theyre not stickers, theyre just logos to make sure the picture isnt stolen.

i know, I was kidding.

still get a highway one, it's a better guitar, IMO. you can get them from thomann for under £400. MIA too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you're ordering online, it's probably best to go with an MIA Strat. If you can go into the store and check out a bunch, you'd most likely be able to find a much less expensive MIM that's virtually as good.

And if versatility is what you're after, stick with the Fat Strat. That humbucker is nice to have.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
If you're ordering online, it's probably best to go with an MIA Strat. If you can go into the store and check out a bunch, you'd most likely be able to find a much less expensive MIM that's virtually as good.

And if versatility is what you're after, stick with the Fat Strat. That humbucker is nice to have.

Nah, I think that if its gonna be a strat im gonna get a Fender one, so I may look into a fat strat. I quite like the look of some ibanezes, anyone here with good knowledge of them want to point me in the direction of a good affordable one?
^ ?

MIM and MIA are both fender...

What style of ibanez? what do you mean by affordable?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ?

MIM and MIA are both fender...

What style of ibanez? what do you mean by affordable?

Oh right sorry didnt know MIM and MIA where fender. By affordable i mean £500 or under.
^ ibanez rg1570 and rga121 (the rga is maybe like £510 or something, lol) are both very nice, both MIJ (Japanese), and both very nice.

It depends what style of Ibanez you want, though. Also, what's your amp?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ibanez rg1570 and rga121 (the rga is maybe like £510 or something, lol) are both very nice, both MIJ (Japanese), and both very nice.

It depends what style of Ibanez you want, though. Also, what's your amp?

I dont have an amp at the mo, its broke, im gonna get a guitar first.
^ do you already have a guitar?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ how badly?

I mean, this'll sound condescending, but it's not meant to be, you'll not get the true fun of your new guitar without an amp...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ how badly?

I mean, this'll sound condescending, but it's not meant to be, you'll not get the true fun of your new guitar without an amp...

Yeah i know, im working on saving up for an amp now, i already have £150. The guitar is for my birthday so i should have enough to buy an amp by then.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ no, but the highway ones are better, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ no, but the highway ones are better, IMO.

It's definitely a matter of opinion. In mine, the HWY1 was not worth the difference in price over a MIM Deluxe model. And, if sifted thru, it wasn't hard to find a Mexican Strat that I liked better.

This is why it's important for you to play as many as you can to get a feel for yourself.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^

any of the ones I tried, the H1 was nicer, felt higher quality. How much of that was due to the neck suiting me better, of course, is what really matters, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Subtlest humour yet?

anyway, are you dead cert on a Fender strat? what about a Tele, or a completely different brand altogether? going out and trying them (if you can, put the cash in the bank and pay with card if you feel like you'd get mugged) in a guitar store is a better idea.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^ heh, any excuse, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?