Page 1 of 159
I know there's a pocket of Irish people on this. I dunno if this has been done before the closest I found was the Irish metal thread.

Set this up so I can actually locate and see how many Irsh are on this, and so we can have conversations/screaming matches about Irish issues. Usually we end up taking a back seat to English and American problems.

Also, any Americans that want to ask us about leprechauns(they don't exist and that's an end to it)or that are just obsessed with Ireland, as the stereotypical American is(not saying all of you are, because that'd be creepy)

C'mon i know theres some Irish out there
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
We had an (Only) Irish Thread, if went to the dogs and got closed.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by con job
I know there's a pocket of Irish people on this. I dunno if this has been done before the closest I found was the Irish metal thread.

Set this up so I can actually locate and see how many Irsh are on this, and so we can have conversations/screaming matches about Irish issues. Usually we end up taking a back seat to English and American problems.

Also, any Americans that want to ask us about leprechauns(they don't exist and that's an end to it)or that are just obsessed with Ireland, as the stereotypical American is(not saying all of you are, because that'd be creepy)

C'mon i know theres some Irish out there

Don't give away our secrets!

...and I'm from Lisburn, Northern Ireland.
D'ya wanta potatoe? Go an! go an go an go an go an goan...

feck
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Soon, this will be full of Americans. Who for some reason, ALL think they're Irish.

I'm about 1/4 Irish

Speaking for yourself?

I hate people who think they're Irish because they have a smidgen of a heritage.

I'm from Newry. But a student in Belfast, as nearly everyone is.

Quote by meh!
D'ya wanta potatoe? Go an! go an go an go an go an goan...

feck

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DON'T STEREOTYPE US!!!!!!
we gave u scots Glasgow Celtic!I dont care if u dont support them we gave u the only thing you are all known for!

Nah i like the scottish they're kinda like us in a way

because they're free

I'm also a quater irish (granparent) so perhaps a "quater irish" thread is more applicable!
I'm only like 1/4 Irish, I'm not like obsessed with Ireland or anything, but I can't wait till I get to go there after I graduate.
Last edited by thunderbritches at Jan 22, 2007,
Quote by mulletman500
I'm not from Ireland, however, I bought you some Guiness to keep all you alcoholics happy

sXe

...because I'm so Hardcore
Quote by con job
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DON'T STEREOTYPE US!!!!!!

And my work here is done...
Quote by Child In Time
Speaking for yourself?

I hate people who think they're Irish because they have a smidgen of a heritage.

yeah to be honest thats one thing I didn't want is poeple coming on and claiming to be Irish because their grandmother or 4th cousin was

because they're free

Quote by con job
we gave u scots Glasgow Celtic!I dont care if u dont support them we gave u the only thing you are all known for!

Technically, the Celts did.

harrah for ireland

yay hurling
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Child In Time

...It was Irish immigrants...that's why the old firm teams hate each other so much,,,,(rangers = SCottish/protestandt Celtic = Irish/catholic)

Though, yes the Irish are celts....
Quote by mulletman500
I'm not from Ireland, however, I bought you some Guiness to keep all you alcoholics happy

**** off witht the stereotyping seriously i expected this but this has only been up for les than half an hour.

because they're free

Quote by Child In Time

the Celts are an ancient race we're called IRISH PEOPLE NOW

the term "Celts"went out centuries ago

because they're free

Quote by Child In Time
Speaking for yourself?

Yeah, pretty much
Quote by con job

Well...the Celts were spread all throughout Europe...and the first literary mention is from Ancient Greece..

But then, they knew everything before anyone else.

Im Irish. Real Irish, born in the hospital in Sligo. Used to live in Laitrom but I was quite young at the time, i dont remember much of it. Now I live in england. Visit every year to see the family though. Favorite place to visit. It always amazes me how many friends I'll always have there, no matter how distantly related I am. I can go into my third cousins house and he'll set up a bed, and make me a good meal, and I could stay for a week out of the blue and they wouldnt mind. Ireland FTW!!
Quote by Gyroscope
Giant Chinese Leprechauns exist.

wouldnt giant leprechauns be the size of normal people????just asking...

because they're free

Quote by con job
wouldnt giant leprechauns be the size of normal people????just asking...

I'm not sure, they are very scary though. They rape you in your sleep.
Quote by con job

1)The Irish are not the only Celts.
2)The Scots are Irish, they displaced the previous inhabitants the Picts.

You're an idiot.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Gyroscope
I'm not sure, they are very scary though. They rape you in your sleep.

Sure you're not just thinking of some Scottish guy, or if you're a sheep maybe you're thinking of a welsh guy...?
WTF is wrong with you Irish up there?

The Celts became freaking Scottish and Irish. And Welsh for that matter.

Irish is more Gaelic than Celtic.

EDIT - What Meths said.

And Ancient race?

The Egyptians and the Greeks are Ancient. The Celts didn't emerge till about 800 years ago.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Child In Time

The Celts are generalisation created in the 19th Century more likely the scots and Irish were a tribe of Britanii or Venetii or Belgic settlers who move north then then either settled in scotland or Wales and then sailed Westwards to Ireland to settle there.
Quote by Meths
1)The Irish are not the only Celts.
2)The Scots are Irish, they displaced the previous inhabitants the Picts.

You're an idiot.

1.I never said the Irish were the only Celts.
2.As far as I can see, your second point has no relevance to what I said. I simply said the term Celts isn't used widely anymore. We are of Celt descendancy, and I never said the Scots werent Irish.

because they're free

Quote by con job
2.As far as I can see, your second point has no relevance to what I said. I simply said the term Celts isn't used widely anymore. We are of Celt descendancy, and I never said the Scots werent Irish.

Technically the Celts only lived in the south of England and then were forced West and north when the Romans came and many of the Britanii became Romanicised.
listen i dont want this turning into an argument over the ****ing Celts!!!I as probably misinformed with what I said now can we all PLEASE just get on with shit and stop what is fast becoming a heated argument

because they're free

Quote by con job

No no, someone said that the Celts gave Scotland Celtic, and you said the Celts were an 'ancient' race and 'we' are called Irish people now.

What he was saying was that you gave them jack all, they have as much right to call a football team Celtic as you do. They are also Celtic.

EDIT - You should really know more about your own history if you're going to make accusations like that.

EDIT 2 - And lol at the 'we gave you the only thing you are known for'.

So the fact that they took Whiskey from you, knocked off the 'e' and perfected it into an internationally adored drink is insignificant? Scotland also has an awesome history and are a crucial feature in British history and therefore world history.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by con job

Quote by con job

Quote by con job

That point was more towards this post that I couldn't be bothered to quote:

Quote by conjob
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DON'T STEREOTYPE US!!!!!!

Since pretty much all Scots are descended from Irish people it seems a bit odd to say that.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
THe Scoti came over from Ireland and the Picts intergrated with them and that was the kingdom of alba. Then Northumbrian became part of alba and that was pretty much Scotland set.
Quote by Meths
That point was more towards this post that I couldn't be bothered to quote:

Since pretty much all Scots are descended from Irish people it seems a bit odd to say that.

k u got me there i did say that but like i said im probably grossly misinformed on half the shit i blab about just ignore me!!please just get along with things!!i never meant this to be a political and heritage debate plaese just drop it!!

i apologise for any offence i caused or any wrong information I might have but just stop

because they're free

The only quarrel I have with the place are the southerners. I work in an off-licence and also Sainsbury's.

Now...not only do they expect these shops to accept their Euro currency, but also expect to be given back Euro change. And most of them are extremely rude about this.

Me: £10, please.
Them: Euro!
Me: Ok...that's about 12Euros, 15 will cover it. Oh, no, we don't take the coins.
Them: You wha'? Jesus Christ...and do I get my change back in Sterling now?! That's a disgrace.

I would be feeling lucky enough that a foreing currency is so openly accepted...

Quote by con job

Race...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████