So the 40W combo is $399 new on MusiciansFriend!

Is this a good amp? Ive had my heart set on a used Peavey XXX(EFX combo) but they are hard to find for cheap. The Fallen Angel is all tube, and has effects built in.

I want an amp that is sort of Marshally with more gain. The Marshall crunch is important to me but I also want to play Metallica and some heavy metal. Clean isnt really an issue.

Is this a good amp?
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
Good amp. Great price.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
its not all valve man.. its a valve pre-amp with a solid state power stage.. another one of these hyped up tube fusion amps.. some of them are okay i guess.. i recommend you try it out before you buy it though! ive heard that the fallen angels arent too shabby though
I was going to say... Fallen Angel is ALL valve.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
there are a few valve pre-amp versions though.. with the solidstate powerstage
have you seen the fallen angel 180?! :|
Quote by turbopresh
its not all valve man.. its a valve pre-amp with a solid state power stage.. another one of these hyped up tube fusion amps.. some of them are okay i guess.. i recommend you try it out before you buy it though! ive heard that the fallen angels arent too shabby though

Some are VERY good, the Vox modeling amp series sounds so much like tube that i could BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY tell the diffrence. I would say go w/ the ashdown but thats because i dont like peavey in general. My friend has one and it cuts out so much.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.