Hey,

Will the cube 60 sound nice with a heavy amount of distortion and at low volume (bedroom leven) / headpones?

Thanks in advance.
-- Bump --

[please, I need to know, gonna order it right now, need to get rid of my MG!!]
it will definitely sound better than a tube amp at low volumes since its SS, i would say from experience from using my friends cube 60 that it will sound decent,but it depends on what "nice" means to you...
MY RIG!
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Stratocaster standard
Fender Toronado GT HH
Boss OS-2
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Member #31 of the Fender Armada!
Member #2 of the UG Blues Jr. Owners Club!
^exactly, it's great for the price, but don't expect miracles from it.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

its solid state. so just like ur MG u can pump in gain at even the lowest levels.

imo, it's got better tone and reliability as compared to the MG. But, tone is subjective so u would need to decide for urself if it's nice or not.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Cubes will definietly sound nice with heavy distortion on low volumes. Maybe not amazing, but nice, yes. Tone is individual, but the Cubes are quite versatile so most high-gain-wanting players will probably find some setting they like, aswell as a decent clean and crunch.

If you're just playing at home, consider the Cube 30 though, or maybe even the 15 or Microcube. With a 60 you're prepared for any possible rehearsal or gig in the future, so I still wouldn't call it overkill though. It's your choice.
Okay, thanks. Ordered it now

Wanted the 60 over the 30, to have enough power for band practice / future small gigs.