Are these any good?? I basically have the choice of a that..Vox Ad100VT...Marshall DSL401...(at a push)..Valve King 112..Marshall AVT150X...Im aiming for atreyu heavyness..but be flexible enough to play stuff like the offspring/MCR etc. I have a budget of around 300-400 UK pounds
yeah, these amps are sposed to be pretty good, marshall wouldnt be good for heavy stuff....i think so anyway
I would look at a full tube amp like the Peavey or Marshall. I don't think the VOX will have the volume you want. I went from a Randall RH100G2 to a Peavey ValveKing 100 head. The difference is amazing.
i would go dsl cos of ur LP... imo u dun ever need more than 60w unless u for some unkown reason play somewhere big but no pa... and like i always say.. u dun want to crank a 100w 4-10 m behind u...trust me.. i know cos i have a 212... i regret it every day...
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Maybe a Head and a cab would be a good bet if you need loud.
But if the place is biggish that your playing at they should have a PA system. Meaning you could get by with a 5watt amp as you would just mic it up.
But if you want a combo, and you want loud. This Vox looks awesome
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad120vtx.asp
But check out those links i gave you before for some really good amps in your price range.

I would be trying to get something that is all tube (The Vox is a Solid State amp) They are louder and should sound better.
You should possibly be down at your guitar shop playing amps right now. The oyu can try see if they are loud enough for you and if they sound good to you
Quote by Maddy!
Well Im goin to be playing Live...to at most 800 people...would a 50 watt Vox be enough?

Are you gonna be inside or outside? Will there be a PA?

If there won't be a PA I don't think the people in the back will hear much. Even if the whole band is loud it will just sound like crap for them.

If there is a PA you can get away with anything pretty much.

I wouldn't go for the valveking if I were you. Two reasones. First of all, I think they are fizzy and harsh sounding, but that's opinion, some people seem to love thier tone... Second, there are way to many reports of the Valveking being really unreliable. You don't want an amp that might break down on you at that gig.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
If we play at the union then yes theres a PA..And its Inside...But I want a nic tone...I was lookin at the 112 Valveking on Gak for 279..but the 212 is only 70 quid more and its double the power...is the extra speaker worth the money?
i personally don't like the valveking, i play one every week with the same guitar as my SX100
the VKs tone is better, but its not that better. especially since the SX100 only costs 400 bucks, and gives more distortion.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
^ Like I said before, if you want a nice tone the Valveking isn't the way to go.

Another speaker will usually give you a fuller, fatter sound.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by lespaul_jube
I own a Valveking 112, and its the bomb

ditto.
it will get the tones you want easily
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Maddy!
If we play at the union then yes theres a PA..And its Inside...But I want a nic tone...I was lookin at the 112 Valveking on Gak for 279..but the 212 is only 70 quid more and its double the power...is the extra speaker worth the money?

if you need the extra loudness it's worth it.
but more wattage means more it takes to saturate the tubes... so you'de need to play louder inorder to get the sat. tube tones
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Maddy!
So If i got the peavey VK 112 would be loud enough for gigs?

depends how big the gig is ... but i think if you playing gigs, you'll have a pa to hook up to ... so you should do fine ... dont take my word though, im not 100% sure
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
what the hell is a sx100??
~My Gear~
ESP EX-50 (Dimarzio Steves Special in Bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100
Boss TU-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Cry Baby From Hell
Squier Strat