I already listen to yngwie malmsteen concerto suite for electric guitar and orchestra and really like it. I want to know if another guitarist already did the same thing?
Metallica have done it many times, theres a really good video of Master Of Puppets with an orchestra on youtube.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Vai's done it as well.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
scorpions is pretty good... nvr heard of steve vai one... Trans- Siberian orchestra is pretty good even though thiers stuff is rly only christmas themed
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
scorpions is pretty good... nvr heard of steve vai one... Trans- Siberian orchestra is pretty good even though thiers stuff is rly only christmas themed

They've got only one cd that isn't christmas. Beethoven's last night. It has a bunch of different classical composer's stuff on it. My favorite song would be mozart's figaro overture. They did a fantastic job on it.
ill have to look into it... anyone got links to the steve vai one? im interested in that
Quote by Sceeb-O

Steve Vai doing Lotus Feet with the Metropole Orchestra

That For The Love Of God version doesn't do anything for me, it seems pretty forced... All stupid faces Stevey pulls aside, Lotus Feet works far better with the orchestra, I think, For the Love of God has more of a raw passion to it, and sounds best the way he recorded it originally.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
True, though most people seem to think that Steve is out of tune, especially some of his bends while he clearly isn't.
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

I think Marty Friedman has played with the Japanese Philharmonic before.

There's also a load of symphonic metal bands out there who use orchestration in the studio, sometimes on tour as well.
Quote by Constantine
Steve Vai doing Lotus Feet with the Metropole Orchestra

That For The Love Of God version doesn't do anything for me, it seems pretty forced... All stupid faces Stevey pulls aside, Lotus Feet works far better with the orchestra, I think, For the Love of God has more of a raw passion to it, and sounds best the way he recorded it originally.

i love the faces he makes lol
Quote by DeSean
Am I the only one that thought Vai ruined that? I liked it when it was just classical, and would like it to be all like that, as a good alternative to the song. Then Steve Vai just came in, and ruined the whole thing. Maybe he should become a composer/conductor over a guitarist.

He did in a sense but that wouldn't be too shabby to hear, FtloG just with an orchestra.
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

Quote by DeSean
Am I the only one that thought Vai ruined that?

He didn't ruin it, imo, but his entrance into the song was very outside of the dynamic that the orchestra created. He shouldn't have came in so strongly when it was such a light part of the song.

Edit: now that I listen to it, he's relatively out of tune to the orchestra. However It's far more likely that they are out of tune than he is.
Last edited by scheck006 at Jan 22, 2007,
Quote by Quintessence153
I think Marty Friedman has played with the Japanese Philharmonic before.

There's also a load of symphonic metal bands out there who use orchestration in the studio, sometimes on tour as well.

ALL bands use orchestration, unless they're some unorganised mess...
I juste saw steve vai for the love of god and really don't like how he came in the song but I find it great except for that.