There's no advantages/disadvantages for either of them, at all.

/thread.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i think the only advantage would be that the natural finish will probably not show its age over time. no paint to wear out and chip and what not. i like the look of natural finish better. its something you dont see all the time.
Disadvantages? You mean like the splinters you get from natural guitars.....
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Quote by Mental Hop
Disadvantages? You mean like the splinters you get from natural guitars.....

u dont get splineters, theyre finished wood. so theyre sanded down smmoth. kinda iek maple necks
Quote by super666fender
u dont get splineters, theyre finished wood. so theyre sanded down smmoth. kinda iek maple necks

I wasn't being serious.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Not true^^^^ Natural finished guitars are known to sound more open than guitars with a coating of paint. Over all if u havent player for more than 4 years than you most likely cant even tell the difference. Its all personal preference and if your a beginer get the one that looks best and when u get a 3000 dollar guitar thats when every little thing makes a difference. In no way did i mean that natural sounds better... just more open. You may prefer it to paint and u may prefer paint to natural.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Devon8822
Not true^^^^ Natural finished guitars are known to sound more open than guitars with a coating of paint. Over all if u havent player for more than 4 years than you most likely cant even tell the difference. Its all personal preference and if your a beginer get the one that looks best and when u get a 3000 dollar guitar thats when every little thing makes a difference. In no way did i mean that natural sounds better... just more open. You may prefer it to paint and u may prefer paint to natural.

I don't understand how a natural finish can make a guitar sound more open? The -only- difference between natural finishes and solid color finishes are that solid color finishes have pigments mixed in with the clear coat to give them color. There's absolutely *no* tonal difference between them. It's purely asthetics.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^listen to him, hes a luthier
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only