I'm trying to get a good sound with the effects pedal through the clean tone....my whole setup is a Godin Freeway EMG through a Zoom GFX-5 Effects Processor and a Line 6 Spider II amp...I wanna try to get a sound like Staind or Godsmack gets...Ne ideas on how to do this? Thanks!
I'll warn you, you're going to get a lot of this type of reply:

"OMG SpyDeR II iZ worSt aMP evAR!!"

But the sad part is that it kind of is.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
yea i know, but I just wanna play...so i just wanna get a good sound..like hard rock sound(staind, etc)..
I have the spider II, 75 watt amp and I don't know why people are always saying it is horrible. Its been a great amp, and I love the metal tone I get out of it, I use the green metal tone preset. I've been playing guitar for about 3 and a half years and I've played through amps that people have recommended for metal, of course all tube amps, the peavey 6505, mesa boogie dual rectifiers, marshalls, and you can call me crazy but I prefer the tone I get out of my spider II over all these amps by a long shot.
sorry this doesnt really help you but...

the spider II is a great amp for the price. I got the 75watt one for $150

Im not ****ing rich, If anyone can point out a better amp that I could use for band practice for $150 or less, I would love to hear your suggestion.

especially since I have a friend who wants to buy it for $150
Quote by treefiddey
sorry this doesnt really help you but...

the spider II is a great amp for the price. I got the 75watt one for $150

Im not ****ing rich, If anyone can point out a better amp that I could use for band practice for $150 or less, I would love to hear your suggestion.

especially since I have a friend who wants to buy it for $150

Epiphone valve junior. $99 USD.

As for the original question. Your not going to. You get what you pay for. Just mess around with the settings on the amp itself. No effects pedal is going to make it any better.

Check the ultimate settings thread and look for some metal players. See what there settings are.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
Epiphone valve junior. $99 USD.

As for the original question. Your not going to. You get what you pay for. Just mess around with the settings on the amp itself. No effects pedal is going to make it any better.

Check the ultimate settings thread and look for some metal players. See what there settings are.

well
I dont have a cabinet

but how does that really work with just one knob?
unfortunately effects processors dont work very well with the spider series amps
since its a modeling amp its kinda like processing an already processed signal
ive got the spider 2 212 and ive never gotten an effects pedal other than a reverb and a wah pedal to work so yeah sorry bout your luck dude
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
and also in the "SpIdErz Sux" argument, my opinion is that a spider can take a lower end guitar and make it sound better than what it probably should, however when you get into the higher end guitars with fine tonewoods and EMG's and such, the Spider kinda disregards all that and makes it sound the same as that lower end guitar whereas with a tube amp you can take full advantage of all the high end features on your guitar

basically if you have a low end guitar you love it
if you have a more expensive guitar you may not like it as much
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
Dont worry about what everyone says. Just jam and tweak your settings as you go. Its your tone, not theirs. Chuck Shuldiner, legendary underground metal guitarist and founding member of death, recorded some albums on a Marshall AVT combo, which a lot of people on here will say sucks, but let them listen to the recordings without telling them what amp it is and they will think its sweet.
Dude i got your perfect setting... Its for moonbaby.

Drive:4
Bass:9 1/2
Mid:9 1/2
Treble:7 1/2
Reverb:little
Channel:Matal

This is perfect... hope this helps!