hey, this is my first post on UG so if i ****ed something up somewhere some how my apologies.

im looking into getting a new bass guitar, and i dont know much about different makes and shit so i looked on the interenet and i found some basses called trebans, and i saw a review on UG for one saying the sound was awesome it was just breakable.

so im wondering if i can get any more input and opinions on these basses, what people think if they have played em goods and bads and shit

one i particularly was interested in was the tribal sun one, never played one, but i think its looks pretty bad ass, and its in my price range(kinda shallow way to judge a bass i know)

but yeah, if anyone has any opinions or experiance and can help me out with this it would be very much appreciated!
theyre a little heavy, but if u get one w/ active pups, it makes up for it. pretty much any sound from any band u can get w/ a traben. i almost got a traben pheonix once, but a dean edge caught my fingers and i bought it. its a great bass. low action, good neck. just which one are you thinking of anyways? skillet uses it in some of their new stuff.

EDIT: good job on first post.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
well, the one i liked the most was the treban tribal sun bass, it looked bad ass and is in my price range. its just im worried that itll look cool, but the sound will be bad. obviously i still gotta get myself down to a store and play one myself just to see how it sounds and feels

but if you have any more input that would be awesome
people keep saying you can get alot of good sounds out of them which is good
and they are a little heavy, i like heavy bass's for some reason so thats good.

so it seems like a good choice so far, unless their is something else that you think i should know about em.(i also heard they werent very durable)

but yeah, more info would be pretty sick!
I really do hate the look of them. sorry.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by fleaflicker182
If Bootsy plays one, I'm sure it will be worth it. I had a thread about Traben basses last year sometime, but I still know very little about them.

That's the correct spelling, threadstarter, just so you know.

I don't really know about those basses, either. The bridge comes out into a design, so I've seen. Not too sure if that hinders the sound or affects it at all. I'd say give it a test try before you buy, just to be safe. You never know.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by graybass_20x6
. The bridge comes out into a design, so I've seen. Not too sure if that hinders the sound or affects it at all

The OVERsized bridge gives it A LOT more sustain
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
I'd probably own one if it wasn't for that god-awful bridge.

I don't care how much sustain it gives me, it's hideous.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Its not that I don't like sustain, its the question of how long do I really need a bass note to hold. I mean, if you don't want to at least make a run instead of playing a note that long...well then practice some more.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
I've played the Traben Array 4, and it was pretty nice. A bit heavy, yes, but the neck was good and it sounded pretty sweet.
well the traben NEO 4 has 10 10 10 10 score in music friend that must mean something...
AbsentMind
Keep in mind that the 5-stringers have a 35" scale.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't like them because it seems like a "OMGZ I AM SO FUXXIN METAL D00D" bass. It's sort of a stupid opinion since they should be all about sound, but I just can't get over that stigma.
Quote by HorridxHopes
I don't like them because it seems like a "OMGZ I AM SO FUXXIN METAL D00D" bass. It's sort of a stupid opinion since they should be all about sound, but I just can't get over that stigma.

I don't really see that, but okay.
Quote by HorridxHopes

Not really, but they are flashy in my opinion. I've played several, they sound good but I find them uncomfortable to play, due to the bridge and a neck profile that my hand doesn't agree with.

The sound on them is actually surprisingly nice, very nice low mids and treble. My friend bought one, and he uses it in both a hard rock and a country band, and it does well in both settings.

The construction on them is competent overall, but there are lemons out there. The nut on my friend's Traben fell off the first time he restrung it, due to an improper glue job, but he was going to replace it with a brass one anyway, so it all worked out. My biggest beef with the construction is that the majority of Trabens I've played had poorly-filed frets.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by HorridxHopes

Oh yeah, nothing says FUXXIN METAL like Bootsy Collins and his signature Traben bass...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Seriously.....this thread was a month old until today. Search when you need help. Don't search for ancient threads that have been more than adequately answered and revive them. You're doing no one a service.
^ Better to revive an old thread than start a new one altogether and piss everyone off. I know the guy who revived it was considering a Traben bass so he was obviously searching for info on them, as he should.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

^
Quote by 0-n3gativ3
well the traben NEO 4 has 10 10 10 10 score in music friend that must mean something...

This is the reviving post. It contains no inquisitions, or even information to let in that he was considering a Traben bass. How does saying, "this bass got a good rating" have anything to do with searching for info on them. He knew it had a good rating, no one else cared. If the thread didn't have sufficient information on this bass then it would have been perfectly acceptable to post an inquiry. What's been done here is nothing short of post-whoring.
Fair enough, but it did start discussion anew and resulted in info that will be helpful to others. He could very well have started a new thread, but by no means is this worse; frankly, if he had started a new thread most people would have told him to search first anyway. I agree the revival post was basically spam, but I have no problem with the thread being revived to be honest. I've also no problem with letting this thread die again
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by fleaflicker182
If Bootsy plays one, I'm sure it will be worth it. I had a thread about Traben basses last year sometime, but I still know very little about them.

slash and john mayer play first acts, but i know enough not to go out and buy one of those peices of plywood.

Quote by thefitz
Keep in mind that the 5-stringers have a 35" scale.

good catch, thats very important information. has anyone seen those trabens with the metal flame guards or whatever they are? do they all have these or do they just tack them on to jack the price a bit?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
slash and john mayer play first acts, but i know enough not to go out and buy one of those peices of plywood.

good catch, thats very important information. has anyone seen those trabens with the metal flame guards or whatever they are? do they all have these or do they just tack them on to jack the price a bit?

The First Act guitars they play are custom pieces that are handcrafted in the States. First Act is infamous for their Walmart guitars but also make very high-end stuff as well.

And, not all Trabens have that exact flame bridge, but they all have the Bigger Bridges (yes that is what they call them) with varying designs.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
And, not all Trabens have that exact flame bridge, but they all have the Bigger Bridges (yes that is what they call them) with varying designs.

is bigger bridges a seperate company that supplies the bridges?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
BIGGER BRIDGES = BIGGER TONE!!!

Or at least that's what Traben's company line is.

They say more mass results in more tone, which seems to make sense, but those bridges are bordering on gawdy (that sun bridge? come on!).

I think it would be AMAZING if Traben had some sort of Tribal bridge that was RAISED from the body about 1 or 2 inches... it would look cool as hell, but would get it the way and possibly slit your wrists.

Basically, it would be the perfect emo kid bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by crazypeanutman
is bigger bridges a seperate company that supplies the bridges?

No, Traben manufactures them, that's just what they call them.

The concept behind them is fairly sound, they just look god-awful and don't really do THAT much for the sound.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by thefitz
Oh yeah, nothing says FUXXIN METAL like Bootsy Collins and his signature Traben bass...

Well, then again, if you're TROO GRIMKVLT OV NORDLANDS!!! then it wouldn't matter if your bass had stars all over it, cuz you're too bleak and frostbitten to care.
Hey i didn't want to piss anyone off... i didn't even knew that you could revive threads,lol
so sorry about that... i just said the score because i saw it and though it could be somehow useful...
AbsentMind
Quote by thefitz

I didn't say anything about Bootsy Collins' model; they just look like cheesy "Metal" basses like the shit B.C. Rich makes. I already said my opinion was a bit bias, Christ.
LOL you got a point there, those pictures help.
Quote by Cody_Grey102