Hi, maybe some of you saw my other threads about building a guitar. Well i'd really like to put a floyd rose on it, but i wonder, is it possible to switch tunings easily? Because i go from standard to drop C to D standard and all.

thats the only thing that stops me from getting a floyd

also is it possible to get a OFR or a good LFR for less then 100$?
Last edited by flyingsquirrel at Jan 22, 2007,
you can get a LFR from www.guitarfetish.com for $40, but not sure of the quality.

and switching tunings isn't a good idea, string tension, the bridge, intonation, all go out the window.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
oh

i wonder how most of metal guitarists make to play with a floyd since they're always tuned down
they have a diffrent guitar for each each tuning... and they have guitar techs that set-up the guitars so they wrok properly. you can set it up yourself, easily. but you cant change tunings.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
crap, well i guess ill just get a good hardtail, maybe my next will be a floyd

edit:

i have another question, not floyd related but whatever i dont wanna spawn the forums

Is it possible to put binding around a RR style V, or would it like break at the sharp edges (i'll use plastic binding btw)
Last edited by flyingsquirrel at Jan 22, 2007,
You would probably have to miter the ends since its a pointy. Otherwise it would probably break on the corners.