hey anyone here ever buy a "blem " guitar off of musicansfriend.com. Im thinking about it because its like $100 cheaper, so just how blemished was it?
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Last edited by A7XRemenissions at Jan 22, 2007,
most of them (the scratch and dent ones) just have minor scratches. the one i picked up from the clearance center was on sale because there was a tiny crack in the finish near the neck, had to look for it to see it.

and just tell people you did it yourself, you'll look more manly.

and ignore him.

EDIT: forget it. he deleted it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ok thanks, i just thought it might be a good idea because im inevitably going to scratch or dent my guitar sometime so why pay $100 more for something that will later be ruined. and no, im not abusive to my guitars but it happens..
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
Quote by tubab0y
most of them (the scratch and dent ones) just have minor scratches. the one i picked up from the clearance center was on sale because there was a tiny crack in the finish near the neck, had to look for it to see it.

and just tell people you did it yourself, you'll look more manly.

and ignore him.

EDIT: forget it. he deleted it.

yep, ignore me, i misunderstood "blem" sorry
Quote by 420 FREAK
ayone else i did a post almost exactly like this a few days ago?

does it really matter? more than one person may have the same question.

and yeah, it'll happen eventually, might as well save some money in the process.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ok sorry 420, but i didnt even notice it a few days ago, and this thread will just disappear anyway..
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
srry that didnt come out right i meant does anybody else have any experiences with it yea and it will end up happening anyways and you can always return it
oh alright my bad, but yeah im surprised more people dont buy blems, unless im missing something about them, because the description just says minor scratches, which is certainly worth the discount. anymore blem guitar stories would be much appreciated!

edit: btw heres the link if it makes a difference : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491X
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
Last edited by A7XRemenissions at Jan 22, 2007,
I havnt bought through MF, but I did just bu ymy new Ibanez S used off of this guy, however I got a larger discount ($630 guitar, got it for $300).

What I would do is call the store and ask for pictures, have them send pictures to your e-mail. If it's just cosmetic (scratches and stuff), the discount seems worth it. If it's more than that (cracks), I would be cautious.
ok thanx, and just a random question for the sake of not starting more pointless threads, if you had to choose between duncan designed active pickups, or real duncan passives mostly for metal on the same guitar what would you choose. And if you dont know just keep on giving feedback on the original question.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303
I hear passives are not that good im getting duncan designed active pickups on my schecter when i get the money id probably go wit the actives
All of the _____-designed pickups arent that great. They're decent, but if you want the real deal, get real Duncans.
ok, well my choices right now are a c-1 artist: set neck, passive SD's, $500, or a c-1 FR: bolt on, active duncan designed, LFR , $450 so yeah tough choice

edit: sorry ^ posted at the same time, popular thread eh, jk
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
Yamaha EG303