i have lots of effects at my disposal and i need to know what effects brian may uses to achieve his tone for we will rock you ASAP!

THANKS
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
treble booster, distortion, stuff like that.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Vox AC30 being pushed hard with a treble booster which isn't in production any more. I'm building them, check my sig. There are also other boutique solutions like Analogman's. Their stuff is great.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I think a crap load of distortion, and wah on the solo...

edit:

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Vox AC30 being pushed hard with a treble booster which isn't in production any more. I'm building them, check my sig. There are also other boutique solutions like Analogman's. Their stuff is great.

Don't all the new Vox amps have top boosters?

Or do you mean that particular type of amp isn't being produced anymore?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
They have a top boost channel, but it's not the same as using a booster. May ran his booster into the top boost channel for that really tight and dirty tone.
you don't really find boosters like that any more. i know general guitar gadgets has the schematic for the brian may booster though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I think the main thing that made Brian May's tone was the fact that he layered so many guitars over top of each other to get that fat sound.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
To replicate Brian May's tone you need curly hair at least 6ft wide and a guitar made from a fireplace...

The we will rock you sound isn't actually that distorted as such, it's just damn loud! Basically it's a medium gain tube distortion - a bit of subtle phasing gives a good Brian May sound too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
YOU CANNOT REPLICATE AN AMP'S TONE USING A PEDAL

Thank you.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^Nobody said you could. What they did say, and are correct about, is that the Brian May tone *requires* a treble booster as well as a loud amp.
Because like most sig pedals, it's just a gimmick for effects companies to make more money.
Quote by Roc8995
^Nobody said you could. What they did say, and are correct about, is that the Brian May tone *requires* a treble booster as well as a loud amp.

My post was in reference to the OP:
i have lots of effects at my disposal and i need to know what effects brian may uses to achieve his tone for we will rock you ASAP!
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
the brian may pedal isnt too bad actually i almost bought one for some of the cool effects it has on it, but you still wont get that huge sound he has from a pedal, maybe if you chained three ADT pedals together (and i havent even seen any of those lately i assume someone still makes them).
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ADT is a basically impossible effect to replicate. There's tape warble going on. Slight vibrato, with a slight randomly changing delay. Some slight phase shifting. And then there's just that tape warmth and compression in mix.
there are a couple of pedals that do it well enough, i mean it wont sound like a real double tracked recording but i believe randy rhoads used one and his live sound was killer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by tubab0y
you don't really find boosters like that any more. i know general guitar gadgets has the schematic for the brian may booster though.

Pink builds boosters like that. just had to say that.

MAY IS GOD!

The best way to reproduce his sound is with his signature amp cranked and a Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster treble booster with the red special signature model from Burns as a guitar.

a close second would be to take a mesa crunch channel and crank it. maybe some added gain there.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.