What is the cheapest you could get a good tube amp head for and what are they? Not a really bad one but a good one. I play alternative, progessive, and punk music, so something good for that.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Depends on what you're looking for in an amp. Wattage, features, tone. If you listed those, it would be much easier to help you.
I would want a high wattage like 100, and I would like it to have at least 2 channels and to have a good distorted and clean tone. Not for metal but for heavy alternative sounds. I hope that helps.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Yeah, about 500, maybe less if you buy used. Guitar Center and other music shops usually have some great deals in their 2nd hand section.
the $500 is for a used one, i have yet to see any worthwhile dual channel 100 watt heads new for $500.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You really need 100watt of tube power?! Are you playing a stadium or something?!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the $500 is for a used one, i have yet to see any worthwhile dual channel 100 watt heads new for $500.

Valveking head.
Valveking is decent for what it is. I kind of agree with you, I played a Roland JC that had a better clean sound.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
id say around $500 or so for a marshall JCM 900

+1

Or you could go a bit cheaper and get a 50 watt combo. I really dont see you needing 100 watts. 100 watts is a bit overkill, imo, especially when taking tubes. Unless your playing for thousands of screaming people I really dont see you needing as much wattage as your wanting.

Because the bad thing about over-shooting wattage on tube amps is if you can crank it their great, but if not your not going to get to crank it you wont get full good tube OD that everyone loves. If you overshoot and still want full OD then you have to pay extra for an attentuator.

Plus with a 100 watt Marshall head, if you crank it within 3-4 blocks of other people who dont like it, you will be getting noise complaints left and right.
maybe a B-52, they are cheap and somewhat reliable as i have heard. Peavey are good too.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
peavey windsor? it's only one channel but it has a footswitchable boost.

just use your guitar's volume control for cleans...

or something second hand. I wouldn't touch a VK head, for the price of the head and cab you could just get a better quality combo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
B-52 ST series, Peavey Windsor, Ashdown Fallen Angel
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Punk like The Clash sound, like The Jam/Wire soft OD sound, or like Rancid sound?
And plunged the long blade through the masking tape, through the cushoning and *splat* right through the center of Waldo Jeffers head, which split slightly, causing little rythmic arcs of red to pulsate gently in the morning sun.
b-52 at 100. exactly what your looking for
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Valve Junior or the B-52
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
VJ for punk? I dont think so. Your not part of the cult, you cant recommend the VJ.

I understand the B-52 recommendation, but the VJ? Have you actually played one?